buying 7mgte

fcjoe58

Feb 1, 2014
rialto
So I'm trying to figure out what I want to do Maybe you guys can help. So I need to ether rebuilt my 7mgte or buy one on a Facebook forum that the guy claims is rebuilt with crower rods pistons and ring and the head has super tech springs with arps and metal hg.

What way do u guys think I should go risking some one rebuilding hope they do it right or risk buying this guys engine.

Also what kind I look for in the supposedly built engine this guy is selling so I can see its actual what is done to it? Can I check down spark plug hole to check heads of pistons or what can I look at?

Ps sorry if I'm posting in wrong section I'm sure you guys will move it if I am thanks!

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
I did buy a rebuilt (OEM specs) engine.
The guy went cheap on head bolts, didn't replace bright hose or clamps. Few month later, boom BHG.

You should be very carefull and ask yourself "why would he sell a top rebuilt engine". The only reason I see is a wrecked car. If not hum wait and ask.

I'm now kind of pessimist and prefer build the engine myself (I mean in a well known shop). I may consider a claimed running engine if I know the builder ad if the build is well documented (receipe, picture, etc..) but would be carefull.

It is my personnal experience, I don't know the seller, and can't and won't judge him.