Busted Valve Shim bucket. Should I have made a #2 in my pants?

suprunner

Jun 22, 2011
south dakota
I'm currently doing the valve clearance adjustment on my 7M. . While following the various write-ups (flat-head screwdrivers+ magnet route), I busted/chipped a piece off of my #4 cylinder (exhaust side) shim bucket.:: angry :: Each bucket has two small channels (one on each side), and I basically made one bigger. I'm assuming that I'll need to replace this. . .? Will this require me to remove the cam? If so, what do I need to look out for? Will all of the valves jump out at me? Will this make it easier to do the rest of the clearances?

Thank you,

Greg

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Just don't turn the head upside down with the cams out...

The buckets are part number 13751-16010, should be about $12 from the dealer. Or find someone around you with some spares... I've got lots, if you were local you could have 'em for free.

suprunner

Jun 22, 2011
south dakota
GrimJack;1834716 said:
Just don't turn the head upside down with the cams out...

The buckets are part number 13751-16010, should be about $12 from the dealer. Or find someone around you with some spares... I've got lots, if you were local you could have 'em for free.

Thanks! Fortunately, I pulled three buckets with the sixteen shims that I got from a Celica at a U-Pull-it. $6 for sixteen shims and three buckets... I think I did okay!