Burn oil on start-up and after idle

Aug 15, 2008
Navan, Ontario
Another day another problem, I still love 'er though :p My car has developed a burning oil problem ever since I finished my headgasket job. So first I had the head cleaned up and shaved at a machine shop and also got them to install new valve stem seals that I ordered from driftmotion. One of the cam bearings/bearing caps was scored more than the other 5 so I had them fix that as well. I finished the headgasket job replacing some odds & ends on the way and the car ran okay once most of the issues were sorted out. At first I did burn some oil but I thought it was just the old gas running through the car since it had been sitting for awhile. I drove the car for a couple days and notice the smoke problem had not really gone away. I had a feeling the rings were fine, and I knew the valve stem seals were new so I took the turbo out and sure enough my old one had a huge amount of shaftplay and found oil residue in the intercooler pipes. I switched out the turbo and the smoke problem got alot better than it was but now I've got a seperate problem. On almost every start up and after I let my car idle for a brief period of time and a bit on acceleration I get that blueish smoke come out the exhaust and my dipstick verifies it's oil burning. I'm going to complete a compression test this weekend but so far it's pointing more towards valve stem seals but there's not even a 1000km on them since ive replaced them. Any help is greatly appreciated! Oh and p.s. I've had a code 52 problem eve since I did the 7mgte swap into my car. I've redone the wiring on 3 separate occasions and ive changed one of the knock sensors but haven't replaced the other yet, still waiting to see if a buddy has an extra one.