building up both my forgotten supras

estrellainc

Supra Agent
Dec 26, 2005
mississippi
OMG, where to begin guys???

In every build there are basic elementals.

I will begin with a plan; i have two supras to complete.

the first one is almost running, but abused, the interior looks bad.
it is a Brown 1987 with some mismatched paint.
it has a high mile 7mge. the harnesses are cut and broken.
my first problem is getting consistant power to the fuel system.

the plans for this one is simple. 350rwhp with basic electronics.
I will be a "grocery getter" and it will be used to transport my many RC cars to races and meets.
I would prefer to keep it automatic.

the second build is the 1990 roller in my avatar.
i have many goodies in store for it.
the plans for this one are extensive. I want a heavily modded car that is also setup to help me during bail bonding and bounty hunting. I'll need to make many hidden compartments to keep my equipment and gear.
the engine was never run, or assembled, but is sitting in the trunk.
it will be my best stab at a 550rhp supra. i will try to have tv screens, molded rear seats and speakers.

my first mission:the proper execution of a good idea.
i'll need to gather the information and tools needed to begin the first build.
i better dig up the old tsrm and get re-aquainted with my forgotten friend. :nono:

thanks for watching
carlitos

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Welcome back Carlos!!

What do you mean, the white car never ran???????? Don't make me dig up a video. Or, was that a different white car?

Anyway, if you need anything, what I have is yours if you need it. But, my stock is getting very low. PM me if you don't still have my number.

I don't know if I would spend a lot of money on the back seat area if you will bounty hunt in it. I'd ditch the back seat and install a harness bar. Then throw the perp back there and cuff him to the bar.

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
Carlos - Good to see you giving some love to the Sura's.

Hey, a very good friend of mine owns a Brown 7MGE. Last time I looked (two years ago) the interior was in great shape. The botom end of the car is gone. I bet he'd be willing to part the car out. He told me I could have the entire car for like $500 bucks. The body is perfect too. Needs wheels.

estrellainc

Supra Agent
Dec 26, 2005
mississippi
hahaha i just figured out how to multiquote!

jugodegolf;1524293 said:
Good to see you giving some luv to the forgotten supras Carlos. You know my number if you need some help.
will do. thanks for being there!
ForcedTorque;1524334 said:
Welcome back Carlos!!
What do you mean, the white car never ran???????? Don't make me dig up a video. Or, was that a different white car?
Anyway, if you need anything, what I have is yours if you need it. But, my stock is getting very low. PM me if you don't still have my number.
I don't know if I would spend a lot of money on the back seat area if you will bounty hunt in it. I'd ditch the back seat and install a harness bar. Then throw the perp back there and cuff him to the bar.
its rolling now

thats the one you spanked at gulfpport lmao! dont you bring that video back lmao.
iirc, i raced the old gunmetal supra huh? i was supposed to meet with you on that fateful day. im SOOO glad your still here dude.
the harness bar idea is good. it woulnt be the first time i hog-tied a perp.
jugodegolf;1524337 said:
Convert the passenger seat bottom something like in the original fast and furious, where he had the nitrous kit in the rx7. Lots of room under the seat!
yup. i want to remove the seat altogether. make a mold similar to a hot-tub seat you can lay in. id mold in a video monitor so you can lay and watch video. i think it'll do good in distracting/calming the perp on the way to jail. I think i'll save the playstation for you guys tho....lmao
bhmsupra;1524359 said:
Carlos - Good to see you giving some love to the Supra's.
Hey, a very good friend of mine owns a Brown 7MGE. Last time I looked (two years ago) the interior was in great shape. The botom end of the car is gone. I bet he'd be willing to part the car out. He told me I could have the entire car for like $500 bucks. The body is perfect too. Needs wheels.
we need to talk.
i have some parts, but i can use that 7mge. i kept my stock rims; i can use em to move dat thing.
i'll send you a PM aiight?

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
Buzz Kill - Sorry Dude
The brown supra that had been in his driveway for at least 3+ years was sold last Sunday.
I won't even tell you how much he sold it for..... It was stupid, his mom basically paid someone to come haul it out of her driveway.

This old brown car fed my desire to buy the car I own today. I drove by it headed to work every day and just admired it's sexy lines and just imagined how cool the car could be with a little TLC. Maybe it will end up in the right hands.

estrellainc

Supra Agent
Dec 26, 2005
mississippi
thanks for lookin out bhm. that coulda been a good score.

good mawning supramania.
woke up really groggy. heads in a damn cloud. i dont feel like im sick, i'm just plain wore out from all the runnin around town.

cause... "when your fast, you pass; when your slow, you blow..."

we move on.
Today I hope to begin working on one of the harnesses. I am targeting wires that connect the fuel pump and relay.
I changed the fuel pump, and fuel filter to rule out those items.
I also emptied the tank, and wiped it clean. I did not find much debris, just some brown shellac from the gas.

The weather is just right for workin on the supe. Outside, it feels like the better part of 50 deg (f) this morning.
The day can be OURS, ...all we must do is learn to SIEZE it!~

guess I'd better get up and do something- "right or wrong". go have some fun.

estrellainc

Supra Agent
Dec 26, 2005
mississippi
So im wrenchin on the supra today. I was doin fine. I sprayed the engine bay/ spare tire bay with wd40 to stop the rust for a sec. everything was covered in pine needles and tree debris.

I have a new battery for it. I got all the info i needed from the tsrm links here on the forum.
i didnt have my key tho... seems the wife took it along with my wallet. go fig????

i cleaned the trash out interior. and just put panels back in place.
my wife shows and i take the keys.

when i get out to the suppie, i turn the key, 12 volts on the dash.
i turn to start, i hear relays click, fuel pump whir, but the starter never turned over.
im like... WTF?????

it seems theres a hack job on the starter solenoid. they used a relay and some direct current from the battery.
imma have to get rid of the junk wiring and put the stock harness back in.

damn, it seems the rain has cancelled my adventure.
guess im gonna fire up one of the RC's and relieve some stress.
p1527345_1.jpg

estrellainc

Supra Agent
Dec 26, 2005
mississippi
Justin727;1527351 said:
Got my parts in for my micro today! MmMm

lmao, ohh let me guess; ...you got a mamba max esc, lipos, and a supra body for it, right? j/k :naughty:
i might have to whoop out my losi mini-t on ur micro.
header.jpg

estrellainc

Supra Agent
Dec 26, 2005
mississippi
hi e1,
i started up the 7mge supra today.

It was a corroded solenoid cable. there is a funky relay inbetween the harness and starter.
the relay checkd out fine.

The idle is crappy at best. I have trouble keeping it running.
We dealt with bad gas.
i get a code 22 from the ECU. (water temp works tho)
i suspect that there is a problem in the fuel pump circuit, a bypass is eminent.

I will upload a video today. I'm not sure if I can post it here tho....
thanks

estrellainc

Supra Agent
Dec 26, 2005
mississippi
SURUKO;1531629 said:
keep the love on the supras coming and be sure to post up the vid :)

as promised...my forgotten 7mge. photobucket video, imma start using google.

my utube channel is doing some heavyduty RC drag racing right now. i didnt want to disturb those viewers with a conflict of interest. but if you wanna see the next best thing to drag racing at night with your buddies... check this out. (link here) http://www.youtube.com/user/estrellainc187

Since the video, I drove it around today. There is a definite problem in the fuel pump circuit.
i was not able to bypass the fuel pump properly because the ECM CONNECTOR has one of the plug ends buried in the plastic box. its the one in the video i used to get the trouble codes. (~:50 sec on the vid.) when i sucessfully bypassed the fuel pump circuit it held the idle just fine. i let it idle for about 35mins before i decided to test it's road worthy-ness.

I gotta say that if anyone else is pulling a supra out the grave, and you just wanna drive it, your looking for a bit of trouble. it's like you have to check the most unsuspecting things sometimes... like LUG NUTS...:aigo: wtf.

without so much as a lug wrench im driving bareback down CC Road, and i feel the wheel hop; 1st guess, flat spots on the tires. but when i pulled it over, sure enough 3 lugs are on FR, the other side only has 4. they dont spin freely, i can see they are not tight. i turn around and limp home. time for more parts and tools.

i look through the spare parts because i need more wheel nuts, low and behold... i found THREE BLACK NUTS. :naughty: i went ahead and installed them bad buoys.

The car is in dire need of a TAG, rack and pinion, PS Pump, Cap and Rotor, plugs, OPSU, i have most the the parts already. just need to source another 1990+ rack for the swap. Im driving with no power steering. its not really that bad. only when turning from a complete stop.

CLEANING! from the intake to cleaning and balancing the injectors. the interior is semi complete, but its not pretty. i dont even want to touch the interior until the body, chassis, and drivetrain is together, and the car and paint are clean this time. im not wrecking another interior.

thanks for chiming in guys, it really helps. it really helps get me to do right.

estrellainc

Supra Agent
Dec 26, 2005
mississippi
well,
i got the tag today. I was driving around a bit so it could let me know what other problems there were while im still close to home.
it was just fine. noisy...but fine.

I got a call, and i was dispatched to the jail in harrison county. SOOOO... i took my chance.

the SUPRA AGENT rides again! I mean, kinda. lmao

I get to gulfport, make it to the jail. on my way back, it sputters then shut down. i ran out of gas.

the needle still read more than a 1/4 tank!

so i get the 112 racegas from my RC Cars and pump a bit in the intake, and pour the rest into the tank. (~1/2 gal).

i make it to the shell, i pump in $51 worth of premium, and sure enough I see something leaking under the car. right betweeen the rear tires.
ITS FREEGIN GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and its spraying a FINE MIST TOO!
so im like wtf... im gonna blow up my supra!
1214265573171dg.jpg

i rolled away from the gas pump. parked as far fromthere as i could.
i look under again, and i see that the fuel filter is hanging, but not on the bracket. it wore the plastic fuel line right after the filter. only because it was rubbing against the Rear AXLE/CV.
i need some line. and i have NO PHONE.

I walked 1 block to justin727. today he was my guardian angel.

he helped me out, all i wanted was a ride to autozone. he gave me hardline and hose.
i was able to fix the fuel line only to find that the MIST was still there. it came BEFORE the filter, after the tank. the rubber hose mod had a pinhole.
i threw my hands up in defeat. i didnt want to find another and another leak all night.
i called the wrecker and limped home.

BIG UP TO JUSTIN727.
You can count on me too.

Justin727

T-virus infected
damnit, wish we had Fuel injection hose I would've given you a few feet.

Glad you made it home safely. I was happily suprised to see you although I didn't want to see you on the unfortunate terms I did. If you ever need anything man you know where I am and you know my number.

If it aint 1 thing its another.