build questions

brs86supra

Nov 5, 2006
suffolk,va.
ok guys so i am planning on rebuilding my motor and i have come up with the following list of items and prices that i wish to buy. i would like everyones .02 on this one please and any recommendations on this one please.

Supra 7M-GTE Rebuild list of parts

PRICE PART PLACE

395 Probe Forged Pistons Driftmotion
shot penned stock rods
455 Eagle H-Beam Rods Supra Store probably should
76 Clevite Bearing Set Titan Motorsports
99 HKS 1.2mm MHG JSC Speed
44 ARP Rod Bolts JSC Speed
118 ARP Head Studs JSC Speed
120 ARP Main Studs JSC Speed
44 connecting rod bolts JSC Speed
96 Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump JSC Speed
49 7M Budget Timing Belt Replacement Kit 935Motorsports
27 *7M Budget Accessory Belt Kit* 935 Motorsports
139 Aeromotive FPR 13109 Supra Store
90 FPR Install kit Supra Store
182 Oil Pump advance auto
6 Throttle Body Gasket SIP Racing
510 Upgrage 57 trim ct26 Driftmotion
Radiator
110 injectors 550cc rx7 club Already purchased
SAFC
LEX AFM
60 7M Oil Pump hose Driftmotion
90 full gasket set partsdinosaur

TOTAL 2255 Toal for items necessary
(all items except Eagle H-Beams)

Attachments

• toyota 7mgte rebuild list2.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
All sounds good except for a couple things.

Yes u do need a clutch, a good one at that no ebay... To many fake clutches out there.

Also why do you have 2 rods? H beams and shot peened? Which ones... I dont think you need H beams unless your plan on running 600+ def. save that money unless you get them for a good price.

I'd even go w/ something dif then a 57 upgrade, theres so many other otpions out there. suprasport has a beast ass turbo for u around $900, like the boss jr which is a 57 or 60 option, BossComp CT461... im sure theres money in ur list u can change up...

Last edited:

brs86supra

Nov 5, 2006
suffolk,va.
ok guys thanks for everyones help, i didnt post the clutch or the flywheel up there yet b/c i dont know which one im gonna go with. And Jordan im probably just gonna go with shot penned stockers, (you know glenn is saying NO dont do it lol) and yep i sure am gonna send the injectors off to get cleaned and flow tested. As far as the head ur talking about ryan im not sure at all what ur talking about. but the goal is to have basically 450-500 wrhp daily driven and there will NOT be any more upgrades after the build. And Jordan i was even thinking about that little jr. also. Another thing i did not include any machine work in there yet either that will be separate.

brs86supra

Nov 5, 2006
suffolk,va.
Carolina? wut u know about carolina? naw thats where i parked the car at, so i wouldnt have to keep insurance or tags on it.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
To the OP, if you buy all your items from one vendor, you should be able to request a lower price break from any one company. If you spread your purchases around, you will end up paying more than if you had one good price with one shipping fee from one good company. Besides that, you should always try to use a Supramania Vendor for your purchases. People like Aaron from Driftmotion and Sean from Titan, countinue to develope new items for our cars. By purchasing from people like this, you will in a sense fund further support for the MK3.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
just get the H-beams from suprarich... he has insane pricing if you talk to him. and hes a great guy.

and

GET THE OIL PUMP FROM DRIFTMOTION. trust them, not advance auto. you'd be a fool to trust them with something like an oil pump...
if you have access to napa, order the timing stuff from them, its pretty cheap... but partsdinosaur has a lot for our cars too.

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
The Eagle Rods should come with ARP Rod Bolts, so add that savings and go with the Eagles. I second the comment about suprarich, I've talked to him about my build, parts and crank work, and he sounds great.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
Supradude7mgte;1180194 said:
Just start collecting parts man. Then when you got enough to get a good start then roll with it.

very true...i started buying parts 10 months before i finished my build. this was i didnt spend all my money at once and was able to shop around and find better prices. also check out the for sale section on this site for good deals

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
182 for the oil pump from a "parts store". Wow just call toyota and spend the extra $26 of a new oem one. $208 shipped is what I pd. for mine from Champ. Toyota. Also don't cheap out on the timing belt and tensioner. A gates racing timing belt is $70. (Gates racing also makes greddy's belts) or a new OEM one. Few more things here, make sure to install a new quality, timing belt tensioner, and would strongly recommend replacing the water pump, and hoses under the hood.

One last thing to remember that the machine work alone can be what your parts bill is ;)

GL with your build

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
also look into replacing your crank damper... if your gonna put that much money into your motor, you should replace your stocker. suprarich hooked me up with an ati super damper for a good price.