Bryan's 1uz twin turbo build

RedPhoenix

Kill it with fire!
Sep 23, 2009
Tampa, FL
Never got to chime in. Glad the flywheel and adapter plate got to you OK :).

Looking great, cannot wait. I can see an easy 500whp come no problem.

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
still no vids on WOT??? this build thread makes me sorta regret buying a 1jz. show us some WOT on that beast....

88tsupra

Mar 21, 2007
long beach
Hey viper do you think you can post up the link to the 1uz starter mod. I have a sc400 with the same damn problem, but I replace my alt.

I was also looking into this with my friends for a good road car as well.

I can get my hand on a 1uz with complete harness, ecu. igniters, tranny for 400.

Good luck with you tunning and I can't wait to see your dyno result.

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
88tsupra;1434708 said:
Hey viper do you think you can post up the link to the 1uz starter mod. I have a sc400 with the same damn problem, but I replace my alt.

I was also looking into this with my friends for a good road car as well.

I can get my hand on a 1uz with complete harness, ecu. igniters, tranny for 400.

Good luck with you tunning and I can't wait to see your dyno result.

i dont know a exact link, but if you search for starter mod it should come up. are you keeping the auto trans?

87witmoreboost;1434914 said:
You're like me. WAY too busy working on the toy to show people pics/vids of it.

haha yea i've gotten real busy, and im still tuning. tomorrow there is a supra meet so i'm gonna aim to get some footage then.

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
viper92086;1407895 said:
The response is amazing compared to my 7mge-t. There is plenty of push you back in your seat tq before the turbos even spool in all gears. It feels to me i can hit full boost (7-8psi) at around 3.5k rpms which i think is perfect. I do however need a good tune badly since my mpg is at rock bottom. I did about 150 miles and im at maybe a little less than quarter tank..

If i had to do this swap again i think i would go with a supercharger from a gm. they can be had for dirt cheap, and i could've kept my ac. the only down side is a slower car

actually no it wouldn't be slower there would be no lagg you waiting for full boost of maybe 8psi at 3.5k rpm with a super charger that kind of boost would be in in about half the time but you would not be able to just let off the gas to control full economy the up side to turbo applications.

and i must say the build is a nice diy you've done a nice job

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
empera;1453001 said:
bryan when are u gonna help me with my lip ;)

lol i remember seeing it in your shop and i loled because i was like you really went out and got that stuff to make the lip