Bringing window trim back to life.

prettymuchanoob

Mar 24, 2011
Dallas
its reaaaally hard to over spray plastidip. I think thats partly why i took to it so well. I brought my friends black mags back to life with it.
mail

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
Nice job.
Never realized they had it in spray form.
Need to plug rear squirter in trim. This might do the trick.

And new trim is gloss.

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
I have washed the car about 5 times and it is holding up well. Even the patch with no clear has not faded or peeled. I started work on the driver side but I had to park under a parking garage because of the wind.

p1711220_1.jpg

p1711220_2.jpg

p1711220_3.jpg

p1711220_4.jpg

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I am a very avid user of plasti-dip, if you search my posts I'm sure you can find more than a dozen references to it. It is a great product and many more of us need to get (re)acquainted with it..

juncboi;1698460 said:
LOL, I was thinking the same thing as I read through this post!

HAHAHAHAHA I WAS THINKING, hmmmm What are the things that we should Not PlastiDip! BAhahaha I love this thread!

OKay. So. In this case, how should I peel off the rear hatch top trim piece of plastic, That is a b%$# and a half to get off. I tried razor blading it. Should I remove the trim before painting it?

How did you shove paper around the trim to paint it and avoid over spray on the glass. What taping technique did you use?
I love this Plastidip idea! IT is THE SOLUTION TO SUPRA MANIA!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

So once you remove the trim, is it practically impossible to put back on the rear hatch? Thank you so much For the solution update!