Brake pad recommendations

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
BorHor said:
Sierra better? I should take you to calaveras. That is a real back road.

Calaveras FTMFW!!!!
There are a few cool roads in Fremont but most of them are residential so you can't go fast anyways... Like Mill Creek Road, up the back of Mission Peak. No houses and it would kick ass.

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
I love Axis Metal master for the street. I seriously have not washed my wheels in 2 months. I just dust them off once in a while.

original.jpg

Performance is nice too.

For ultimate performance though, I don't think you can beat porterfield carbon pads. They are amazing.

Faded87T

Nov 29, 2006
Richmond,VA
I have run almost every version of street and track pads from Porterfield - all were outstanding for their particular application.

For the last couple of years I've been running Carbotech pads with great results too. They are similar to the Porterfields in quality and make many different pad compounds as well. I'm currently running the Carbotech Bobcats on the street - very similar to the R4S in performance.

Dale

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Here is what i have used on the Supra:

- Raybestos oem replacements, they are junk as soon as you get any heat into them the pedal goes spongy and fades like crazy. Turbo drifter here had them on his car too and once after a hard run he hit the brakes and not much happend, he ended up jumping a curb on a corner and landing about 50' in the middle of a field !!!!, all because of the crappy brakes.

- Axis metal masters, I put them on with my new slotted Brembo rotors, they dusted like crazy and squeeked like mad, they also wore a big grove in my new rotors. I took them off in 2-3 days and got my money back. My brother also had them on his 240sx and they dust like crazy, two days of driving and it looks like you have gunmetal colored wheels.

- KVR Carbon pads, Replaced the Metal masters with these, they work AWSOME, very little dust, no squeeking, you have to work them really hard to make them fade. They lasted about 2-3 years. Highly recomended.

nightpagerinstalledwheel(Medium).JPG

- Hawk HPS, I now have the Nightpager 4 piston upgrade with 350Z track rotors and the Hawk pads. They work AWSOME, I have done lots of hard driving and some autocrossing, I couldnt get these to fade even with 10+ 70-0 mph stops. The pads dust very little, dont squeek, dont fade. They almost requier being heated up as they work better the hotter they get.

just my 4 cents....

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
mattjk said:
I love Axis Metal master for the street. I seriously have not washed my wheels in 2 months. I just dust them off once in a while.

original.jpg

Performance is nice too.

For ultimate performance though, I don't think you can beat porterfield carbon pads. They are amazing.

:love: :love: :love: :love:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Autozone brake pads work wonders of tits but they are shhhqueaky. :icon_conf

Plus they do build up a lot of brake dust all over my purrrrdy wheels. :(