Brake lights and water

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
MoparMarq;1693700 said:
The back ends of these cars leak like sieves. Hatch seal, hatch glass, taillight assemblies, windshield wiper shaft, moldings, side marker lights, hatch lock cylinder, antenna shaft, you name it. Probably not going to be able to stop them all. What I did was drill a few holes in the spare tire well so it could drain (careful, the fuel tank is underneath there) and a few holes (from underneath) in the quarter panel wells (where the spare tools and antenna extension motor are located - be sure to lift any wire harnesses from inside before drilling) to allow drainage. Yeah, there might be a little splatter from the back of the tires while driving, but not near as much as from one night's rain shower while parked overnight outside. Had no problems since.

You didn't have to drill holes, all those places have drains already.

so it is the failure sensor that is bad. my dad and i took a voltometer to it and found out which wires weren't getting any voltage. i called Autozone and they couldn't get it, so i called the dealer and they wanted 275$ for it...... screw that. so for now we hav a paperclip shoved into the wire socket that gives power and the wire socket that receives power. the only real problem is that the tree light no longer works. so im gonna hav to troll on here to see if anyone is selling the failure sensor for cheap. but for now the problem's solved.