bPb's powdercoating bonanza!!!! and build thread

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
I recently started powdercoating...

...and since I just lost 15 minutes worth of build thread typing (fuck you dial up out at the house!) all you guys get for now is the powdercoating phase of my build.

All the parts I did recently
sm_photo_missing.jpg

3000 pipe
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Lex AFM housing
sm_photo_missing.jpg

PCV pipe
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Turbo heat shield
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Engine bay kinda ripped apart for coating stuff. You can see the intake manifold I coated in there.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Reppin' SM hard
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
The car right after I got it, bone stock. It had a tiny HG leak, which ,led to the rebuild and modding spree.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

I use the supra stick to help out the struts when I work on it, so they don't have to hold the hood up for a week. It's the new Telescoping Suprastick, available at Home Depot and other reputable retailers.

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
TODAY!

I am going to put it back together. I just got done coating a set of rx7 wheels...so now it's time to put some of the bling back on.

I might do more coating tonight though.

-alternator casing, chrome
-alternator bracket and tensioner, mirror black
-spare master cylinder and brake booster, chrome
-spare throttle body, chrome
-power steering bracket, mirror black
-upper control arms mirror black

I'll post up some finished pics and maybe even an in car vid of a quick wot run later tonight

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
TODAY!

I finally got off my ass and did some more stuff in black. I did the rear alternator casing, the really thin part. I also did the alternator tensioner.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Here's the car as of last night. Ignore the goofy headlight. I have an oil relocation kit under the headlight, and I had to pull out the headlight to unbolt the bracketry. Seems the inlet fitting had cracked. Replaced it and put it all back in, but haven't dropped the headlight back down yet.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

It'll run today. Maybe before I play airsoft, maybe after....but it'll be back together.

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
lol yeah, they might even get a nice new silver powdercoat when I finish building my big oven for powdercoating wheels, subframes, blocks, motorcycle frames, etc.

It's a fun car, and I used to be an auto hater. 12.7 at 108 so far on the stock turbo and auto. dropped a second off my time since chi2k6's drag day.