bout to buy a shel, is itgood for $500??

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
not worth MY 500!! I'd wait around for a better deal, 500 is a BHG supra with everything still intact, except the HG of course lol

EwGoetsch

EdWORD
Jul 12, 2009
Minneapolis Minnesota
yea im gona wait, im gona offer him 150-200 for it, i didnt ask specifically if he had it sitting out in the rain or not. Just from looking ive been seeing shells and bhg supras going for over the 1000's (or atleast the shells that people offered on my other post). What should i expect to spend on a shell? i dont care if the body has dings/dents, or rust. i prefer rust cause they are really cheap :)

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
I got a rusty shell with a missing fender and some suspension that I tried to get off but wouldn't come apart so would prly need a new rear subframe sometime down the road. You can have for 300 if you come get it, 88 targa turbo.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
EwGoetsch;1498119 said:
yea im gona wait, im gona offer him 150-200 for it, i didnt ask specifically if he had it sitting out in the rain or not. Just from looking ive been seeing shells and bhg supras going for over the 1000's (or atleast the shells that people offered on my other post). What should i expect to spend on a shell? i dont care if the body has dings/dents, or rust. i prefer rust cause they are really cheap :)

Don't do it. You will always be behind the 8 ball on it. Be patient. is there any rush? I found these two one for my bro in law that needed a project(grey 88) for $500. Then two weeks later I found mine(red 89)for$800. Both are great starters and don't need much.
p1498148_1.jpg

p1498148_2.jpg

EwGoetsch

EdWORD
Jul 12, 2009
Minneapolis Minnesota
S.A. supra;1498148 said:
Don't do it. You will always be behind the 8 ball on it. Be patient. is there any rush? I found these two one for my bro in law that needed a project(grey 88) for $500. Then two weeks later I found mine(red 89)for$800. Both are great starters and don't need much.
p1498156_1.jpg

p1498156_2.jpg

yea but ur in prime land to find shells cause theres no rust problems in texas, the bodies last so long the engines die. Theres too much salt up here, i keep seeing ppl trying to sell rust bucket supras for $1500+, thats the reason i had my eye on that one even tho the price was too much for all the missing shit it has. And even if i do take a roadtrip to get one, im gona need to spend more money to go south and find one. Usually in the summer theres way more posts for cressidas/supras, i think it just gets so damn cold up here ppl get lazy and dont sell cars cuz theyre all burried under snow :biglaugh:

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Yeah roger. I just looked at your craigslist up there. Wow Not much to chose from. Good point I didn't think about that. Well good luck with whatever you decide.

EwGoetsch

EdWORD
Jul 12, 2009
Minneapolis Minnesota
S.A. supra;1498161 said:
Yeah roger. I just looked at your craigslist up there. Wow Not much to chose from. Good point I didn't think about that. Well good luck with whatever you decide.

yea lol, theyl start poppin up when snow melts for sure, i was lookin at a few in wisconsin and found a 1990 with rust all over it, bhg, going for $1400 LOL, and a 1984 with 80,000 miles on it for $10000? hahaha.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I will never understand the point of buy a complete piece of junk for $500 when you can buy a Mk3 in good shape for a couple grand. Hell, save up 6 grand and get something in great shape with some mods. It will probably be cheaper and a hell of a lot easier in the long run.

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
you could try to make the owner lower the price, then use it for spare parts after you find a better shell. from the pictures there are lots of parts that are still in good condition.