Bout damn time

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
Mock up checking for fitment picture, so its not exactly clean.

Not sure if I'll stay polished, or got powder coating on everything. Prob go the coat route because I don't want to maintain polished crap.

At least now I can actualy start working on shit again. meh

sm_photo_missing.jpg

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
If you want I have a coupon somewhere for some jet hot coating, I sure don't see myself using it anytime in the near future... lemme know.

-J

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
It was, one the head side; until I got it fixed at the machine shop (Brad Wanzer POS drama).

Nothing is torqued down at. That gap is just because I have it kinda sitting there.

Last edited:

SD2JZA70

HardTunedMotorsports
Apr 5, 2005
San Marcos, CA
www.cardomain.com
outofstep said:
It was, one the head side; until I got it fixed at the machine shop (Brad Wanzer POS drama).

Nothing is torqued down at. That gap is just because I have it kinda sitting there.
How much did you pay for that lower? Is that the same steel one you had the problems with?

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
SD2JZA70 said:
How much did you pay for that lower? Is that the same steel one you had the problems with?

I paid too much. If I had to do it over again I woulda went Ron R. Unfortunately at the time, Ron R wasn't realy making those manis for folks.

Yeah, it's the same peice, but I had to have lots of work done to it by a machine shop to get it useable. Actualy it's not done yet, it just mounts up now. I've got to clean up a lot of slag from his crappy welding and shit edges where he couldnt figure out how to align things properly.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
oneandgone said:
Please elaborate. Where, cost, etc...
Sure! It really depends on what kind of time schedule you are on, and how big the parts are. Only works on Aluminum parts as well. I did a mountain bike frame, cost me $100 CDN and took a week.

It costs less if they can wait until they are doing a run of a certain color... or if you have enough parts to fill a vat all by yourself.

Electropolishing will make your AL parts gleam, first of all, then ano puts a coating on it that is considerably harder that AL, but still porus enough to accept a dye, which is how they add color to your ano layer. The dye step is optional, however, so you could just leave it shiny silver.

As for sources, I just found a local place that does ano work in the local yellow pages. I'm sure they would be more than willing to hook you guys up, but we're probably better off finding a shop south of the border so you don't have to deal with the import / export scene.

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
Damn, Robert, I always thought your car was a myth, this is the 1st time I've ever seen a picture of it in as long as you've been around!:icon_mrgr

Looks awesome, should be nice. Valve covers are too hard to get too to keep polished, I would coat them.

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
Rajunz said:
Damn, Robert, I always thought your car was a myth, this is the 1st time I've ever seen a picture of it in as long as you've been around!:icon_mrgr

It's a ghost pirate MK3. It can't be seen in direct daylight.

Here's the rear cross brace I just finished fabbing up. Ties directly into the frame rails. Four bars for 4 times the fun! The most important info though; yes, it still allows you to put the targa top back there.

p198358_1.jpg

p198358_2.jpg

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
Fitting up the fuel (and other) lines. This time around I'm not even gonna try hiding the happy juice.

p201744_1.jpg