boost prob , cant get any more than 10psi !!!!

turbonutter

Jan 18, 2006
somerset , uk
any one had or no whats goin on ?
im running an xt wg and blitz sbc boost controler and cant get any more than 10 psi even with the wg disconected .
any idears whats goin on ?

supramike7m

92 teal-wn turbo
Jan 29, 2006
prescott, Arizona
hey whats up, its mike again. i just got my car runnin right about an hour ago. thanks for the help.

anyway, did you buy a t4 manifold for your kit? or did it come with it? because i looked all over the ic pipes for a boost leak, and couldnt find one anywere. finally i took some shit off and there was a big ass hole melted throught my ic pipe from turbo to ic. it was on the back side so i couldnt see it, it happened before i put my header wrap on. so i just replaced it and it flys now. so i suggest to see if its on the back side of that pipe, where it get really hot. good luck bro.
Mike

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
well, if you can't pass 10psi, and your turbo hasn't decided it's going to give up, then you most likely either have a 10psi spring in your wastegate, or a massive boost leak.

-shaeff

turbonutter

Jan 18, 2006
somerset , uk
shaeff said:
well, if you can't pass 10psi, and your turbo hasn't decided it's going to give up, then you most likely either have a 10psi spring in your wastegate, or a massive boost leak.

-shaeff
hey the turbos only done 1000 miles so should be ok !!
i thought that i had a 12 psi spring but looking again at the kit i bought it says 10 -19 psi so should be ok .
but we disconected the wg so it should have made silly psi with no wg shouldt it ? but i am still only get 10 psi

turbonutter

Jan 18, 2006
somerset , uk
supramike7m said:
hey whats up, its mike again. i just got my car runnin right about an hour ago. thanks for the help.

anyway, did you buy a t4 manifold for your kit? or did it come with it? because i looked all over the ic pipes for a boost leak, and couldnt find one anywere. finally i took some shit off and there was a big ass hole melted throught my ic pipe from turbo to ic. it was on the back side so i couldnt see it, it happened before i put my header wrap on. so i just replaced it and it flys now. so i suggest to see if its on the back side of that pipe, where it get really hot. good luck bro.
Mike
alright bud , good to hear u sorted ur probs , i bought the t4 mani with the turbo .
its not a bad set up hey ? im impressed at 10 psi , are u running the 50mm wg ? and what psi are u getting ?

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Also, a clogged cat/precat or a restriction in the exhaust will limit boost( like the stock 2.5 inch cat and precat)..

Last edited:

againstdawall06

Dec 8, 2005
mo
i have something that sorta goes along with this.....i have stock exaust still...but i tried to raise the boost via shimmig the waste gate, and even putting a vacumn T in the hose to the wastgate(my freind has this and 1 washer at the waste gate and is boosting 12, but he has exhaust. my question is will stock exhaust not alow the boost to raise? o do i prolly just have a boost leak. and sorry for stealing a thread, i figured it would be better to leach of another one then to start my own. :biglaugh:

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
I gutted mine also however the (2) stock 2.5 inch 90 degree non mandrel elbows after the cat and before the muffler was a boost limiting restriction for me. I could not get past 12psi..