Bolt on Big Brake Kit For around 300$.

Joe__G

Dec 6, 2013
MS
MarkIII4Me;2086431 said:
Calipers came as pictured. All I did was apply the red vinyl stickers.

I tried stealing part numbers from your pictures but couldn't see all of them. Would you mind posting part numbers (if you have them) for what you have pictured?

If those part numbers have already been posted somewhere here, I apologize. I've been trying to keep up with this thread though and don't think I've seen them anywhere. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Joe__G;2086485 said:
I tried stealing part numbers from your pictures but couldn't see all of them. Would you mind posting part numbers (if you have them) for what you have pictured? If those part numbers have already been posted somewhere here, I apologize. I've been trying to keep up with this thread though and don't think I've seen them anywhere. Thanks!

Sheesh! I gotta do everything around here. :icon_roll

Rotors: OE# 164 421 13 12 / Brembo# 09.R104.11 (rotor vanes are non-directional)

Pads: Brembo# P50041N

Caliper:LEFT - OE# 001 420 82 83 WBR# 11-00861 / RIGHT - OE# 001 420 83 83 WBR# 11-00859

Centering Ring: 67.1mm to 60.1mm aluminum rings (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01J...F8&qid=1483322658&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65)

Lines: PLENTY OF BRANDS TO CHOOSE FROM. ANY MK3 LINES WILL WORK.

Mounting Bolts: 124 421 05 71 Qty:4

WASHERS: 4 roughly 3MM thick M12 WASHERS. (Head bolt washers will work, but all are not created equal. Many vehicles use cheapo metal washers (like older Jettas). Others use M10 washers. I had some old E36 washers laying around that I drilled out to M12. Which was a PITA!)

Last edited:

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I finally finished up the brakes. I wasn't going into the New Year with the brakes still apart. They look sweet! Once I can get someone to help me bleed them, then I can actually drive and see how different it feels.

I sanded, rebuilt and painted the rears until I find a deal on the Evo calipers. Considering they were rusted and ceased when I started this, I'm very happy with the end result.

Last edited:

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
has anyone had issues with the heat and plastic hub rings?
im running hubcentric spacers and believe the hub rings will interfere with them or do they sit flush with the rotor?

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
MarkIII4Me;2086614 said:
I finally finished up the brakes. I wasn't going into the New Year with the brakes still apart. They look sweet! Once I can get someone to help me bleed them, then I can actually drive and see how different it feels.

did you have to cut the dust shield?

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Nzmk3;2087098 said:
It tells you in the first post to either cut or bend the dust shield out of the way

I know, but his came out really well so I was trying to see just how much he had cut, if any.

also, has anybody tried these under a set of starion wheels yet?

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Took the Supra for a test drive after having a buddy help me bleed the brakes twice. Even after, the pedal went right to the floor once the engine turned on. I drove for a few miles. Was really hard to assess due to having such a soft pedal. The brakes appear to be working fine and not making any noise. Going to use a pressure bleeder tomorrow to get all of the air out of the system. Made this adapter for the master cylinder. Should work great. Just clamp it down and hook it up.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Do you have ABS?
One of my side projects is to make a handheld box to actuate the ABS system during brake bleeding.
Similar to the old factory SST worked.
The only other way to actuate the solenoids and pumps in the ABS unit would be to perform a hard stop somewhere on a loose surface.

You may have air trapped in the ABS system.

Have you had a chance to drive anywhere on the new brake setup?
I am guessing no since you are still bleeding out the air. :D

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I've got a ground short from the ABS computer terminal T to the pump that I need to get sorted out, so the abs is not working. I drove the car for maybe 2 miles, but the pedal was dangerously soft and sometime had no pressure at all. I didn't go over 30mph. They made no noise, but couldn't really give them a fair assessment and sure as hell couldn't bed them in properly. I will tomorrow tho as long as the rain stays away.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
MarkIII4Me;2087520 said:
I've got a ground short from the ABS computer terminal T to the pump that I need to get sorted out, so the abs is not working. I drove the car for maybe 2 miles, but the pedal was dangerously soft and sometime had no pressure at all. I didn't go over 30mph. They made no noise, but couldn't really give them a fair assessment and sure as hell couldn't bed them in properly. I will tomorrow tho as long as the rain stays away.

What setup are you in rear I had same problem cause the Evo calipers had two breeders on each calipers I didn't know this lol. Once I found out I bleed both and I've had no issues with a soft pedal

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
pressure bleeding works the best. usually no more than about 10spi tho.

try and tilt the calipers with them unbolted so the bleeder is facing up. biggest problem with the calipers is they dont have dual bleeders like everything else so air can get trapped on the other side.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Definite improvement after pressure bleeding the system, but my pedal is still very spongy. Like I only have brakes on the last 3" of travel. Must still have air trapped in there somehow. My guess is in the abs pump. Gotta get my abs wiring issue sorted out and then try pressure bleeding one last time.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
possible to be stuck in the abs but it remains in the open position. you can crack each line loose with the bleeder on it and see if any air bubbles come out.

but i would still suggest removing the caliper and block the pistons and allow the caliper to try and free up any air. Also try and bleed the rears again also.