Bolt on Big Brake Kit For around 300$.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Does anyone know where to get new hex bolts that hold the calipers together? I want to remove mine when paint goes on but would like to do a complete job and replaced the hex bolts while i'm at it.

martin p

1JZ-GTE powered Supra.
Feb 5, 2006
East coast. UK
akito;2078900 said:
Does anyone know where to get new hex bolts that hold the calipers together? I want to remove mine when paint goes on but would like to do a complete job and replaced the hex bolts while i'm at it.
I would guess any hardware or autoparts shop as long as they are 8.8 or higher tensile strength
Nothing special about them

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

80sSupraPowa

Mar 13, 2006
San Diego, CA
I resumed work on this upgrade over the weekend since my 2jz swap is almost complete. I ended up getting some HNBR o-rings from Harbor Freight to hold me over until I can find EPDM O-rings in the correct size. I am having a couple issues though.

Did anyone have an issue with the brake hardware rubbing on the outer edge of the rotor?

My rims ended up not clearing by a good amount. It got dark and I had to remove the caliper to put the car back on the ground. I just have a measurement from the rotor face to the inside of my wheel. Does anyone have a measurement from the rotor face to the outside of the caliper? I'll need to order some spacers but don't have access to the car at the moment. Thanks.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Has anyone tried to fit these under a set of Starion wheels? I know the stock sawblades just graze the caliper so I'm hoping a set of Starion rears would fit.

Or if there's anybody around Montgomery, AL that has this setup that wouldn't mind letting me try my wheel?

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Looks good ^

I finally picked up a different set of wheels so I have a set of calipers on the way that should be here Monday.

What pads and rotors have people been going with? Leaning towards slotted centrics. Not sure on pads R4-S's would be my top choice but not sure it's worth the $ for what the car will see. Stoptech and EBC are the only other performance brands that I have found that support this model.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I went with Brembo pads (pictured above). Figured the calipers are Brembo, rotors are Brembo, might as well do Brembo pads are well. I haven't installed them yet, so I can't comment on noise, dust or performance.

Last edited:

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Can anyone measure the thickness of the rotor hat, ie space between the hub and wheel.

Last edited:

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Am I the only one who is having issues with the caliper bolts? I'm trying to use Mercedes bolts 1234210271. The length and thread pitch is correct, but the base is too thick to fit through the knuckle. I'd hate to have to drill it out. Ideas?

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
MarkIII4Me;2086342 said:
Am I the only one who is having issues with the caliper bolts? I'm trying to use Mercedes bolts 1234210271. The length and thread pitch is correct, but the base is too thick to fit through the knuckle. I'd hate to have to drill it out. Ideas?

Same. I wasted $20 for nothing when the bolts that came with the Mercedes Calipers work just fine.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
MarkIII4Me;2085667 said:
Booyah! Scored everything pictured for $475. And for what's basically a new Brembo 4 pot 13" kit, that's crazy!

[URL=http://s142.photobucket.com/user/175db/media/D1B6DC0E

any chance you will tell us how you got that stuff so cheap??????

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
^
I work for a company that has a monstrous account with a huge vendor so pricing on everything is peanuts and my rep said it was cool to send my old Supra calipers in as cores. Sux that they don't have any stock on reman Rear Evo calipers, or I'd be all over them too.

I do love me some quality built remans. Definitely the way to go if you have the means.

Last edited:

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
MarkIII4Me;2086348 said:
^
I work for a company that has a monstrous account with a huge vendor so pricing on everything is peanuts and my rep said it was cool to send my old Supra calipers in as cores. Sux that they don't have any stock on reman Rear Evo calipers, or I'd be all over them too.

I do love me some quality built remans. Definitely the way to go if you have the means.

did they come already black?

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Has anyone found a source for the pad guide pins? All of the rebuild kits I have seen are just the seals and o-rings