Bolt on Big Brake Kit For around 300$.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
yeah thanks hvyman you're a true forum member!!! some of the "og" members not gonna say names but sometimes i see they wont just help other members when they need info that they know will help them solve a problem with their car. which is bs imo. thats the point of forums. you could have horded the info or even tried to sell them as a kit and not let anyone know what calipers they were from. the fact you didn't shows you're a good guy. lmk your paypal and id like to send you a $20 gift. i think other members using the kit should give you a little gift whatever they can afford since i feel you deserve that for your time to r and d the brake kit and share it with the community. maybe it will motivate people to discover other cool upgrades lol

and my calipers looked like the first pic but i guess either will work if ibcrazee had success with the others.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
It's cool. I wasn't looking to make money off it and wanted to post it up before someone else tried to.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
I have the calipers in the first pic, they fit fine. Had to remove the brake pad sensor, the mounting tab for it sticks out but doesn't hit the rim so I'm not going to cut it off.

+1 to thanking you for sharing the info! I could never understand keeping info like this all to yourself. Not any sort of advantage to be honest.

black89t: I have a box of 1/16" copper crush washers of all diameters, do you know how thick the aluminum one you used was?

Has anyone else had any issues bottoming out the banjo bolt? I'm sure if it wasn't a problem hvyman wouldn't have mentioned it but I'm curious haha.

Mynes_3

Sep 8, 2009
cencal
I tighten my down all the way with the same copper washer and it looks fine but think I'll go grab some thicker washers now just to be safe.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
hvyman;2045394 said:
It's cool. I wasn't looking to make money off it and wanted to post it up before someone else tried to.

up to you. im sure me and others wouldn't mind giving you a little dow for sharing such a cool upgrade.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Naw im ok thanks tho.

The reason for thicker crush washer is if you screw the banjo bolt in all the way and then hold the brake line up to it there is a clear space. For something so important its better to just replace them since there cheap(supposed to be replaced every time there removed anyways.)

My buddy just went to the auto parts store and grabbed a pack of them for a couple $. They just happened to be prolly twice or 3 times as thick as the old used ones that were on his car.

Other than that i have found that the calipers need a good hard bleed to get all the air out of them since there is only 1 bleeder screw its tougher to get the air out of the opposite side. A pressure bleeder would work best but you can make due with a heavy foot and a friend.

jesse_rc1991

May 29, 2012
austin
Got my aluminu hub rings in today and just tried test fitting them on the rotor. They fit kinda tight so ill have to sand em down, quick question first. Insteadof sanding em down would putting em in the freezer to shrink em a bit work also or would it be a PITA to remove em once its time to R&R the rotors?

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
Mynes_3;2045554 said:
will you be using those Sidewinder?

Yes, I ordered a bunch of them. I'll post here if they work or don't, but I'd be really surprised if they didn't.

jesse_rc1991;2045569 said:
Got my aluminu hub rings in today and just tried test fitting them on the rotor. They fit kinda tight so ill have to sand em down, quick question first. Insteadof sanding em down would putting em in the freezer to shrink em a bit work also or would it be a PITA to remove em once its time to R&R the rotors?

Yes you could do that, but yes it would be a big pain in the ass to remove them later. If you do choose to sand them, don't sand them so much that it becomes a sloppy fit.

_EiKNARF_

1JZ, NO S@*T!
Aug 20, 2012
Lewiston
Quick, odd question...how much thicker are the R350 rotors at the actual mounting surface over the supra ones? Reason i ask is because i think a 10mm spacer would juuustttt get my rims to clear the calipers, so a slightly thicker rotor may give me just enough room to play with. Thanks fellas!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
It's not the rotor that needs clearing. It's the caliper that hits the wheel. You cannot move the rotor back more or else it will hit the arm for the ball joints and tie rods.

_EiKNARF_

1JZ, NO S@*T!
Aug 20, 2012
Lewiston
No i understand hvyman. But when i mocked up my caliper with the supra rotor on, it was soo close it just took the paint off the caliper, so what im saying is, if the benz rotor is even just 3mm thicker at the mounting surface, it will be enough to clear the rim. Thanks