Bolt on Big Brake Kit For around 300$.

_EiKNARF_

1JZ, NO S@*T!
Aug 20, 2012
Lewiston
I havent installed the setup yet! Sorry that was rather unclear. I have calipers, first step is to see if my wheels clear the calipers, then i gotta check the diameter of the rings on my car, if theyre 67mm im gunna get rotors and throw this kit on, if theyre not 67 im gunna buy the rings i linked and rotors and install. Again, my appologies for the misleading statement. Haha.

_EiKNARF_

1JZ, NO S@*T!
Aug 20, 2012
Lewiston
Am i the only one who had issues with the merc caliper bolts? Just did a mock up to see if my wheels would clear (gunna need a 10mm spacer) and the shank of the caliper bolt didnt fit into my knuckles? Do i have to drill out the holes in the knuckle? Maybe some bolts without a stepped shank?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
_EiKNARF_;2042693 said:
Am i the only one who had issues with the merc caliper bolts? Just did a mock up to see if my wheels would clear (gunna need a 10mm spacer) and the shank of the caliper bolt didnt fit into my knuckles? Do i have to drill out the holes in the knuckle? Maybe some bolts without a stepped shank?

Your using the wrong bolts. Mercedes has 2 bolts. The fat ones and the skinny ones. You need the skinny ones.

themadhatter;2042712 said:
Any one thought abou using 94-04 mustang cobra rotors with this set up there 330mm in dia with a 28mm thickness
There 4mm thinner than the mercedes calipers. The mercedes calipers are 32mm new and min thickness is 30mm.

Eskimo

Aug 16, 2011
Moscow Mills, MO
I went to nappa for my bolts cause I ordered them and the package was empty so I said screw it and I have buddy making me some stainless steel spacers

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
hvyman;2042715 said:
Your using the wrong bolts. Mercedes has 2 bolts. The fat ones and the skinny ones. You need the skinny ones.

There 4mm thinner than the mercedes calipers. The mercedes calipers are 32mm new and min thickness is 30mm.

The link you posted is for the correct one right?

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
I just bought a set of s500 w220 calibers off ebay with rotors,stoptech pads and centering rings off amazon. Now i just have to hope they clear my wheels

kakanator

Apr 25, 2010
Fresno, California, United States
alright people I went to Elliot house (dubsupra) over the weekend and did hella work on his car. Also got a chance to put one of my tts on his car to see if it clears the bbk he has.

I'm not a car expert but from what I can tell the clear just fine and I will be getting this set up for my supra soon. So for everyone that was not sure about the tts fitting they do.

Excellent, thanks for the pics

I got a message from my ebay seller, he was unable to ship my calipers because he found damage. He therefore upgraded my purchase to a lower mileage set listed for $30 more than those which I paid for. Sweet! Can't wait.

Last edited:

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
kakanator;2043150 said:
alright people I went to Elliot house (dubsupra) over the weekend and did hella work on his car. Also got a chance to put one of my tts on his car to see if it clears the bbk he has.

I'm not a car expert but from what I can tell the clear just fine and I will be getting this set up for my supra soon. So for everyone that was not sure about the tts fitting they do.

Thanks for the info,

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Clearance from what?

It's very hard to measure anything to see if wheels will fit. As the outside part of the rotor is in a different position than the stock rotor. It also sits farther back.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Simply put... From the wheel. The stock caliper clearance to the wheel - the new clearance would tell us offset. So we would have a benchmark. Not sure if their is a way what I'm asking is actually stupid... But I thought knowing the difference would be helpful, as in... You will be 3/4" closer to the wheel so make sure you have at least 7/8" clearance to your wheel before doing this upgrade.

Hopefully that's not a stupid question.