Bluechulappa's 89Turbo restoration

limequat

Dissident
Apr 1, 2005
Detroit
Every time I open this thread I am quite disappointed to find a Supra that neither blue nor wrapped in a tortilla.

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
The Lexus LF-A was a birthday gift to Sterling McCall himself. He owns a bunch of dealerships in Houston, Texas

Here are a few more pics. My dad took the pics so they kinda suck...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

LOL and thanks to everyone's comments!
Tomorrow is testing day. Time to get the car tuned at 9am. Hope I break 400rwhp and nothing goes wrong! :) I am very excited but extremely nervous at the same time. Imma have some beers and think about my hard work on this car!

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
So had a problem at the tuner today. Something with my cooling system failed. I know my engine is not actually overheating but my gauge is acting up badly. The tuner called me and said they couldn't tune it due to the temp issues :(

Anyone have some advice. I know the wiring for the temp sensors on my car are pretty shitty. I may need a new sensor or just improve the wires. I drove the car 30+ miles pegged red hot and the engine drove fine sounded fine, was fine. I think I'm having an electrical issue somewhere...

Temp sensor was running perfect driving to the tuner. Has been for 2 years since rebuild.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
I have a similar problem.. My needle only goes up to 3 notches above C. doesn't EVER get past that. When my CT26's coolant hose blew i lost more than a gallon of coolant & thats when its started rising & it rose to half. Ive changed the sensor, even the gauge from the cluster itself... Same story. Im running radiator with A/T lines which i don't use because i have a R154, 10 blade fan, Tundra fan clutch. Every time my old man rebuilds an engine the son o bitch takes a long time to heat up. Same story with his Dodge, takes a long time to reach the middle of the gauge but at least IT GETS there. I have to let my car idle 15 minutes to watch the needle go 2-3 notches above C....

well what can i say? get a new sensor & if its the gauge i have an extra! :evildeal:

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Last ditch effort here...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Plugs are pulled, waiting on my colder NGK plugs tomorrow and installing them tomorrow night.
Saturday the tuner may be able to squeeze me in but not sure :/ My last chance to get tuned for tx2k11

I'm in the middle of a job promotion at work so my schedule is all fucked up at the moment.
Plz work out!

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Didn't make it to the tuner. Decided why rush things. I installed my new NGK copper plugs, one heat range colder than stock and gaped to .028. After doing so I had lots of misfire and rough idle. I took them out and put my old Denso double platinum plugs in and it runs great. Misfire every now and then...

Is this a problem? One of the plug wire ports on the coil pack is missing most of all it's metal contact?
sm_photo_missing.jpg

My new plugs that I took out...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Daaayyuuummm we should meet up!! I'm chillin with the group off texassupras.com... they all be wearing the texassupras.com shirt. I saw ur car too!! Was like.. I SEEN'T IT BEFORE!!! LoL it looks good man!!

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
Just got through your thread. took me A LOT of hours by reading everything whats written here :)

i can see thread ended almost 2 years ago. what happened? did u goal 400rwhp?

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Sadly I just stopped doing stuff to my supra. It's so nice now and drives so great I only do minor things to it. Not worthy of posting here :) All I need is a good tune and I should be able to break 400rwhp. I have just had other priorities lately. Getting married soon and looking to buy our first home. I will never sell this car though! Thanks for checking out my thread!

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
haha. great to hear its used and not forgotten :) just bought my 1990 mk3 turbo targa automatic. been sitting for allmost 9years. hope mine is not gonna broke as much as ur did at the beginning :p

good luck in ur house ;)

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Hey everyone, I know it's been a very long time and I'm sorry but here to do a quick update. More coming towards the end of this month. I finally am getting my MK3 tuned! I just paid my deposit to my local tuner. They are charging good money but I think it will be worth it and they sound like they know what they are doing..

Finally took out my Lexus AFM and Apexi filter...

Map ECU piggyback is up and running on a 7mgte base map but its really rough on take off. Almost dies. Sending it to the tuner asap and its being garage kept till then!

How the car looks present day :)

Heading for 400RWHP or Bust :/ Wish me luck because I'm nervous as hell! Take care everyone

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
DD Performance Research in Sealy. I live basically in Fulshear, TX so it's close to me and though I had never heard of them. I got a few recommendations after asking about them. They made me feel very comfortable with leaving my car with them. Atleast a week and two tanks of fuel. But they are going to tune it on their dyno and road tune it for my preferences. I told them I want a semi safe tune for power. More rich than lean. My goal is 400RWHP.

As long as my car can handle it they said that it would take atleast a week to properly deliver the car back to me with complete correct fuel maps for my goals. Even told me I can bring my car back in the winter for a retune. No extra charge.