sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
More work done in the past few days. I have one side completely broken down!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

New CV axle boots installed...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

OEM parts stash :p
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Bilstein 3-way height adjustable shocks (Rears)
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Control arms with old bushings needing to be pressed out... Picture taken with the new oem bushings
sm_photo_missing.jpg

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
I just spent most of my day looking at this thread from work. I AM AMAZED. I will be doing a resto-rebuild soon enough and am picking up alot from this. Congrats ! Looks Bitching !

::BlueChulappa: Bought the staggered rims! Does anyone know how to take apart the brake caliper completely? I want to powder coat them mirror black or ironsides but I need to remove all the rubber from them first....::

If your going to do that, get a rebuild kit. It will never work right if you take them apart and put them back together with old parts

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
Looking good, keep up the good work.

x2 on the rebuild kit. They're inexpensive and good insurance. You should be able to get them from Toyota or from O'Reilly or Autozone.

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Thanks guys I will def be looking into a brake caliper rebuild kit. I may not replace all these bushings as I'm having a hard time finding someone to do them? The mechanics I have talked to at work basically laugh at me and say they don't do those anymore. Mechanics these days buy the whole metal arm with the bushing already installed.... :( Do I really need to replace them? I haven't found any ripped or torn bushings so far, they are just old...

Some of my new hardware:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
If you have an air hammer, you can pretty much do them yourself. It's easier with a bearing press. I did them on my bench with my air hammer at home. I used the energy susp poly bushings and zerk fittings for grease in my lower and upper control arms and rear traction bars. LOT better ride and handling

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Finished the rear end. Had a clearance issue though.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

The wide tires did not clear the bilsteins on the lowest perch. :(
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

So we had to raise them to the top perch and they fit fine. Just not low enough for my tastes. Gonna try the middle perch maybe later today. The ride is a lot better though!

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
August 16th 2010
Shipped my spare 57 trim ct-26 turbo off to Driftmotion. Shipping was less than I thought the package weighed 25lbs and I paid $26 to ship UPS ground.
Now I just wait to get my parts!

Have yet to get my A/C system charged up again after installing a new condenser. Next day off I plan on doing it!

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Waiting on my 57 trim, AFPR and fuel pump so I decided to get crackin at more powder coating of parts for when I tear down for my performance rebuild...

Oh and my new OEM Oil Cooler

Not trying to show off my Supra shoes they just happen to be next to where I'm storing all my parts for my buildup! haha