Blown HG!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
In our gearboxes you have a shaft with all the gears joined together this is the clustershaft (constant mesh trans).

To engage a gear you lock the syncro to the mainshaft for that gear and away you go.

The older way of doing it and even in most sequential race type boxes is Dog Gear engagement where you move the actual gear into mesh to select it.

Side Note: 4th isn't an actual gear it's just a set of syncros to lock the Input Shaft to the Main shaft!

Front shaft>>
83505205k.gif

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
JENNY! said:
its because your tanny is buff :] and might need fluid, and rebuild :] R is a bitch to egt into in my car as well, i get a big CLAUNK sound :]

Translation..(if you were drinking without me im pissed)

Its Because your tranny is buff (face) and might need fluid, and/or rebuild (face) R(everse) is a bitch to get into my car as well[Hell yes it is :aigo: ], I get a big CLAUNK sound. (face)

Im good at it

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
IJ. said:
In our gearboxes you have a shaft with all the gears joined together this is the clustershaft (constant mesh trans).

To engage a gear you lock the syncro to the mainshaft for that gear and away you go.

The older way of doing it and even in most sequential race type boxes is Dog Gear engagement where you move the actual gear into mesh to select it.

Side Note: 4th isn't an actual gear it's just a set of syncros to lock the Input Shaft to the Main shaft!

Front shaft>>
83505205k.gif
Perfect.
Thanks God

remeniz

Sep 23, 2006
England
Brilliant! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The 3rd then reverse is what i'm having to do to get the beast into reverse! :aigo:

Either that or as your going forward, brake, clutch in and bounce the car into a reverse roll with the brakes and clutch out while in netural, clutch in then reverse slips in nicely.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Rem: Any gear will work all you're doing is stopping everything spinning from clutch drag while it's pressed in then popping the straight cut Dog Gear reverse in while it's all stopped!

remeniz

Sep 23, 2006
England
Nice one IJ :icon_bigg

MOESUPRA, There was a lot of brown gunk on the rad cap when I got the car but i've removed the rad and flushed the whole system through. I'll keep an eye on it.