Black Friday

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
As some of us in the political section of the forums mentioned, Black Friday might be the turning point in how our economy came out.

I went to the midnight madness at one of the local malls...

O M F G

Traffic getting to the mall was worse than 5PM traffic on a Friday, once inside the stores had lines out into the mall.

I used to work in that mall and I have never, EVER seen in that busy. One of the other stores that was opening at 4am that I stopped by to look around 3:50am had a couple hundred people standing outside...in the rain.

Hopefully this is a good sign cause I need a job :biglaugh:

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
^ No kidding.

If I ever go again, I'm just gonna roll up about 30 mins before the doors open and try to watch some fist fights, then go home.

Wait in line for 3 hours to get inside, get your crapp, wait in line another 3 hours to pay for your crapp... Then try to fight traffic to leave the mall. All to save $20 on something.

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
^ True story supraman... plus you can find the same damn deals online, hell they even have a website for it blackfriday.com it tells you where all the deals are and you can get just about all of them online... but in the end, i dont NEED anything, anything i may want would be for my car anyways, so all in all black friday doesnt do crap for me... oh and i work for an audio shop. so black friday does nothing for business either

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
My plans for Black Friday every year:

Wake up at whatever time, usually around 8-9am, eat some Lucky Charms (saving the marshmallows for last, of course), and just chill. :)

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Was hoping for some action to come through the ER... sadly, nothing out of the ordinary. People wanting to add a lot of drama to the holidays while they're in town w/ family. lol

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
I am not a shopper. There is no way I would wake up 3 hours earlier than I normally do to drive into town, fight traffic and other people to save 10% on anything. I do my shopping either on-line or on Christmas Eve.

stabbinkabbin

Jul 18, 2008
Spring TX
shaeff;1190453 said:
My plans for Black Friday every year:

Wake up at whatever time, usually around 8-9am, eat some Lucky Charms (saving the marshmallows for last, of course), and just chill. :)
You seem to know what's up. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lol I heard about wal mart having a polaroid 40 or 42" 1080p for 598 for a sale item on black friday... I woke up this morning, looked at there website, and there it was for the same price as instore and it said available online! I can only imagine ppl killing each other over this lol.

Last edited:

jdwakko97

Dec 4, 2007
Las Vegas
if they dont get along then they have to go back to elemetry to learn how to get along together like barny " I love u and u love me. we r the best friend". lolz

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I went to the local Wally world this morning, it was packed, but there really weren't many people at all after was I was there for: JVC digital camcorder with a 30GB HDD, got it for like $250.00.

I walked in, stood by the pallet, the tape was cut, I picked it up, walked to the checkout counter, 2 people in front of me, paid for it, done. :)

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
starscream5000;1190537 said:
I went to the local Wally world this morning, it was packed, but there really weren't many people at all after was I was there for: JVC digital camcorder with a 30GB HDD, got it for like $250.00.

I walked in, stood by the pallet, the tape was cut, I picked it up, walked to the checkout counter, 2 people in front of me, paid for it, done. :)

My wife read a story about a Wally World worker who was trampled to death.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...worker_dies_at_long_island_walmart_after.html

This is insanity. I hope surveillance cameras catch the people involved and fry them all. This is a case of these people [criminals] having a belief that their pursuit, and attainment, of happiness is more important than someone's right to life.

I have a problem with anxiety and agoraphobia, and though it has gotten better as I have learned to deal with it [some], I had a tough time today.

On a side note:
Many places encouraged people to come shop in their sleep clothes, but I didn't see ONE hot girl in lingerie. Black Friday's perks really don't seem to outweigh the inconveniences or annoyances.

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
I work 2 retail jobs.

Today was actually not as bad as I expected.

I work at Waldenbooks and Things Remembered. Waldenbooks had done about $5000 worth of business between 6AM and 2PM. Then I went to Things Remembered (snazzy kind of place, for those who haven't heard of it - overpriced stuff to get engraved for graduation, business, weddings, etc). They hadn't even done $1500 by the time I got there at 2.

The mall was no where NEAR as busy today as it was by the time I left, as it was last year.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Two people were also killed at a SoCal Toys-R-Us today....Apparently they were in "rival groups"

My black Friday consisted of changing my front pads/rotors.
I have a lot of friends that came into town so im getting wasted tonight!

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I should have taken pictures of the lines at the mall I went to... The DFW area is doing a bit better than the rest of the country from what I've been told though...

I always chuckle at WhtMa71's avatar :rofl:

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I work at Best Buy and didn't have to go in until 11am today. :)

Still had long checkout lines when I arrived, parking lot completely full, sold/activated 6 phones in about 1.5 hours (woohoo bonus!) and just sat around helping random people for 5 more hours.

People were actually very nice and pleasant this year. No craziness at my store. :)