BIG Fmic with the fogs ?

boostinsupra

Aug 29, 2009
NY
I heard they lag is this true? whats the best intercooler for a 7m and how do you put a bigger intercooler and still keep the fogs......also if you can post pics of your big fmic with the fogs

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
total volume!!!

If the total volume increases significantly by either bigger pipping, longer piping (to include IC) or thicker IC. It WILL increase the time for the turbo to pressurize the system.

Going big without the "why" is never a good idea.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Yeah, contrary to what you may think, the stock turbo does not need more adequate cooling than the stock intercooler so long as it is in good shape with minimal bent fins.
My black supra performed perfectly well with the stock IC and shorter IC pipes. That was stock CT at 15psi. The shorter pipes make a huge difference though.

Just don't go buy the biggest FMIC you find on ebay with a 3" pipe kit if you're running the stock turbo.

azerty

May 15, 2009
Romania
supra90turbo;1421091 said:
Yeah, contrary to what you may think, the stock turbo does not need more adequate cooling than the stock intercooler so long as it is in good shape with minimal bent fins.
My black supra performed perfectly well with the stock IC and shorter IC pipes. That was stock CT at 15psi. The shorter pipes make a huge difference though.

Just don't go buy the biggest FMIC you find on ebay with a 3" pipe kit if you're running the stock turbo.

How did you decrese the lenght of your IC pipes keeping the stock intercooler?

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
figgie;1421068 said:
total volume!!!

If the total volume increases significantly by either bigger pipping, longer piping (to include IC) or thicker IC. It WILL increase the time for the turbo to pressurize the system.

Going big without the "why" is never a good idea.

Of course more volume requires more time to fill, but the actual seat of the pants feel with a sensible intercooler setup is negligible.