BIC Downpipe vs EBay

vCo2v

Jun 10, 2011
Tacoma
The ebay recirculated downpipes are made with 304 stainless steel and run roughly 200 bucks.. Searching through forums I haven't really gotten a good enough conclusion

How does 304 stainless steel vs BIC's Aluminized steel compare in heat? I'm assuming the stainless steel would get a lot hotter no?

Is the pricetag for the BIC really worth it compared to the ebay one? and why?

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
gsxr141;1859175 said:
bic all the way. just don't lower the car on h&r springs. lol
my damn downpipe scrapes all the time.

Yeah... My car takes all kinds of beating being this low :-(

I would love a bic ddp but I don't think I'm gonna be on my ct26 to much longer.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
935 motorsports use to sell the Chinese DDPs, check their website for reviews on it. IIRC the main issues with it was that the flex section on the bottom of the pipe was prone to dragging, and the separator tab wasn't perfect. And of course the usual Chinese flange warp, not necessarily existent on every pipe though.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Canuckrz;1859184 said:
935 motorsports use to sell the Chinese DDPs,

So was the original Defcon Downpipe. Made in China, sent over for $40. Sold to you all for $400. Or so the automotive gnomes told me.

Sent from computer via my keyboard.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Tuner.87;1859353 said:
i chanced the ebay downpipe and the mine seems to be fine. I to plan to change my turbo in the future so i didnt wanna spend a load on a down pipe.

Could you possibly do me and the community a favor and post some pics of the downpipe.

Maybe some under the car and some of the engine bay of the downpipe fitment.

Also can you tell us if your auto or manual ?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I had a BIC ddp on my 7m shortly after I bought the car. Loved the performance (and the sound), but only got to enjoy it for about 2-3 months before I trashed my crank... I would recommend it. You can always sell it for a decent amount down the road if you change your turbo to something completely different...

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Don't ever buy from 935. Pretty sure he went out of business but I've talked to a couple people that are still trying to get money back from him.

And SoCal had to start a new site because he didn't pay for it. Lost a lot of things on there.

Tuner.87

Aug 27, 2011
East Lansing, Mi
Turbo Habanero;1859355 said:
Could you possibly do me and the community a favor and post some pics of the downpipe.

Maybe some under the car and some of the engine bay of the downpipe fitment.

Also can you tell us if your auto or manual ?

i have a manual. Ill try to snap some shots soon.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Canuckrz;1859419 said:
Also you may want to look into Raptor Racing's DDP.

I have one of the first few raptor racing DDP back when DDP was first introduced to the MK3 and it's great, fitment was perfect, huge performance difference, and looks good. Only down fall is that I think it was made based of a 5spd car and before I went 5spd route the DP would touch the auto trans pan, just a slight nudge, nothing like pressing on the trans or anything.

I'd recommend sourcing for used BIC DDP or buy new. Not saying the ebay DP is not good since I haven't had personal experiences with it. I'd support our vendors here by spending a lil more. Although I do understand that not everyone has deep wallet.s

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
The ebay downpipe I bought was as thin as paper. It was light weight, but it was so thin it was a royal pain in the ass to MIG weld when I modified it for the single turbo swap. It was half the thickness of the 16ga pipe I bought to weld to it.

Same goes for the ebay cat-back I bought and cannibalized for bends/flanges. Very, very thin.