BHG?? coolant under oil cap..

james_9876

Rehabilitation time...
Aug 1, 2007
Spartanburg, SC
Yeah, it would be best to do is ASAP. I've heard that the Glychol (Green Anti-freeze) and Motor oil, when mix actually create a weak acid that eats at soft metals like the cylinder head.

Just thought you should know. :icon_bigg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
suprafanatic said:
some people on this site are just mean,, and un-helpful..however i really do appreciate all the help and concern from those of you who care! i will be geting alot of cheap oil and clean it out as best i can, see if the green returns. i sure hope not. :)

Good luck Nate! I am truly hoping all works out for you on this one. I really liked your car at CHI2K7.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
UPDATE!!! so far great news!! got the new water pump on...refilled with coolant, i drained all the old oil out, it looked green, it wasnt really mixed or anything, no white milky stuff, just oil and coolant together, so as i drained that i was slowly pouring more oil in as it drianed to help clean it out, then closed the pan back up, filled with fresh oil,, primed and turned the car on.. it idled better than it ever has, that was the first good sign.. second i drove the car to town which is like 7miles away, went to a car wash, washed the car, looked under the oil cap and NO COOLANT!! yay.. so far theres no coolant in the oil, but i'll keep an eye on it,, also got my dash lights problem fixed,, my dad was following me and said my tail lights were out,, so i checked the tail fuse, it was blown, i replaced it and it fixed the dash lights to?? wierd, but i was so happy!! so now just waiting to see if coolant comes back under the oil cap..

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
^^Told you there is always hope....and maybe a little bit of luck. ;)

Now give her hell and see if you get the milkshake.

:biglaugh:

Honestly Nate, I'd still do a compression test when you get around to it just to be safe and know where you're standing at.

Good news so far though! :icon_surp

-Jeff

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
lol.. not gona give her hell,,, just yet.. i just dont see how a car can have a BHG and drive this perfectly, my car is honestly driving and idleing better than it ever has.,, i think my car needed a new water pump, and on top of it i might have poured coolant in the oil.. lol i can only hope thats what it was,, cause i mean the coolant in the oil look perfectly green, you could see the oil and coolant seperate, not mixed.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
I would change the oil and filter again now that you've run fresh oil through the motor ;)

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
Have you pressure tested the cooling system and looked for other leaks, or to see if the turbo is leaking? Still kinda curious if it was the turbo like originally thought, or if it was mistaken bottle identity, or what. It is kinda odd that it wasn't mixed up and came out separated and clean like that.

Glad to hear it isn't a bhg, though.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
I don't think anyone caught me saying this already...

But when I had coolant under my oilcap, and mixed coolant and oil throughout...I swapped out the turbo and I never saw it again.

It's not a very common or even very likely thing to happen, but it is a possibility. It's what happened to me in the past, and sounds like what may have happened in his case. However, that water pump...............Hmm.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
well put..well put.. lol yes its my DD it would be a night mare to find it has a BHG, so im driving it slow for now, no problems at all are arising from driving normal. i have boosted it some and still no problems so i think we're pretty good.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
suprahooked said:
You really should change that oil again.

Boy, you're way behind. ;)

He's already done the flush and refill treatment SEVERAL times.

As far as I know, to the moment, the car is still running amazing last I checked up with him.

-Jeff

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Jeff - from what he posted, he ran oil through it (engine off), but drained right away. I'm concerned he did not run the motor until the final change. If this is the case, he needs to change the oil again to ensure fresh oil flushed out the bearings under pressure.