Best way to transfer files

A

ArthurRitus

You can just get an hard drive enclosure too if you have an internal drive to use as an extra. cost about 30 bucks and u turn an internal IDE hard drive, to an external usb hard drive.

romaniello

Oct 28, 2005
Sanford, FL
The best way is still to add your old HD as a slave on the new computer. This also lets you keep it for backups or just to store all personal stuff separate from your main partition.
This is super easy to do.

Back2Basics

Regular
Dec 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
Got it all transferred over using the enable disk mode. I'm still going to go get a flashdrive though! I was going to back up my library, but it was going to take like 5 cds to hold 650 songs. I know people have tons more songs than I do so what kind of cd do they use to store all of it on?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
mkIIIman089 said:
Well, I don't know what a people lan is, but I recommend a LAN as well.

LAWL, people lan is a bunch of people holding hands in a big ass circle. :biglaugh:

romaniello

Oct 28, 2005
Sanford, FL
Back2Basics said:
I was going to back up my library, but it was going to take like 5 cds to hold 650 songs. I know people have tons more songs than I do so what kind of cd do they use to store all of it on?

I use two external drives; a 240GB and a 320GB (you can find one for around $80); to hold all my media (music, video, images, docs, etc.), and keep some of it on my secondary internal hard drive (you already have this one). Or you can buy a Hard Drive enclosure (around $20) to turn your old internal hard drive into an external one that you can take with you and use in any computer with a USB port.