beeeeeeppp

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisisg77

Jun 19, 2012
los angeles
So i just came back from a date and the most embarrassing thing happens . My dam car starts beeping from the engine bay somewhere constantly !! It goes away for a second once i put the gas in but other than that its there . I havent checked it out bc im to tired i just want to get some ideas right now so i can have a general idea tommorow

IanC

Jul 13, 2012
Maryville, TN
Like a horn beep or electronic beep? Horn beep is probably the alarm horn on the firewall. Electronic beep, I can't think of anything.

chrisisg77

Jun 19, 2012
los angeles
Its not the horn lol not that kind of beep . Literally its a high pitched beep and it sounds like its coming from the firewall behind the engine i cant tell forsure its really loud.

chrisisg77

Jun 19, 2012
los angeles
Like i said i just want a general idea right now so i can try to see if maybe that was the problem . Later on ill troubleshoot it correctly

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Okay..

Anywhoo.. To not be a jackass about it. Its probably an aftermarket alarm that's malfunctioning. There really isn't anything that would make that kind of noise OEM.

chrisisg77

Jun 19, 2012
los angeles
Ofnarc not to be a jackass but you're wrong a OEM part CAN make a high pitch beep sound. You only can be a smartass when you actually KNOW about the car. I already found out what it is everytime i disconnect the vaccuum line from the back of the intake manifold the beep stops so do you know what that means hmmm!?

Man it turns out that my radiator hose is leaking aswell crap.

SMASHEY!!! Lol

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
jetjock;1881570 said:
You can get dates?

Lol

chrisisg77;1881423 said:
So i just came back from a date and the most embarrassing thing happens . My dam car starts beeping from the engine bay

Haha, no good. After market alarm Id say, family members BMW does this same thing. It was her alarm which is now removed and problem solved.

Compton74

Oct 8, 2008
Long Beach
This thread and the people in it are ridiculous, well besides jetjock and ofna.

Chris instead of bashing somebody for trying to help you out, maybe, just maybe take a second and listen to what they are saying . And if disconnecting the main vacuum line makes your car stop beeping? I think you have bigger problems.

Just my $.02

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
chrisisg77;1881590 said:
Duhh im only 19, buff and handsome(;

Being buff and handsome doesn't get your car fixed....unless you find a chick that knows more about the car then you. As far as the aftermarket alarm goes, if it was malfunctioning, there would be some other problems with it. I had an aftermarket alarm on my JDM Supra and it was making that sound, but that wasn't the only sign....I had problems starting the car because of the alarm cutting the fuel out, my doors would not lock or unlock all the time...... Shit like that.

Smashy, I had a JDM car and 105km/hr is not even close to fast. So why would that have anything to do with it?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
91Supra313;1881615 said:
Being buff and handsome doesn't get your car fixed....unless you find a chick that knows more about the car then you. As far as the aftermarket alarm goes, if it was malfunctioning, there would be some other problems with it. I had an aftermarket alarm on my JDM Supra and it was making that sound, but that wasn't the only sign....I had problems starting the car because of the alarm cutting the fuel out, my doors would not lock or unlock all the time...... Shit like that.

Smashy, I had a JDM car and 105km/hr is not even close to fast. So why would that have anything to do with it?

Shouldn't be too hard ;)

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Compton74;1881613 said:
This thread and the people in it are ridiculous, well besides jetjock and ofna.

How? I put my "$.02" in as well ? Read comment above you.
By commenting you joined the "ridiculous" people in this thread ?

Compton74

Oct 8, 2008
Long Beach
ryansmith;1881619 said:
How? I put my "$.02" in as well ? Read comment above you.
By commenting you joined the "ridiculous" people in this thread ?
we were writing our comments damn near the same time, while i was writing you posted, so no your not included lol

Status
Not open for further replies.