Be careful!!!!!!!

charman02

Cruiser
Oct 14, 2008
Fresno
Hey everyone, this is Charlie. I just want to warn you guys ahead of time about online frauds. A couple days ago, I received an email from Bank of America saying that there has been a suspicious activity going on in my account and that I should reset every my login and password and so on,... And so I didn't think much of it and did as it said, it had a link for me to go to(NEVER A GOOD IDEA THING, FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY). I had plenty of funds in my account, but as of today, my money seems to have been spent across the country, down to $0. Now, the real Bank of America emails me, saying that there is an irregular activity, and to call a certain phone number, which I did. So I just closed my checkcard. Now that I go back to check the other Bank of America email that I "THOUGHT" was from them, it did not look legit at all compared to the recent email. And the recent email had "no web links" for me to click on. So NOW, when I went back to the old "supposedly" alert email from Bank of America, the link that was provided, now opens up to nothing. So, be for warned friends, with economy the way it is today, people are doing all they can to survive, even if it's stealing your identity. NEVER, open "weblinks" in your email that claims to be your bank or ask for your info. I was stupid enough to fall for it and didn't even think about it. Always Always give your bank a call if you have an alert email. Don't be like me and think it's too much work to call your bank and that you can just fix it real quick online. Now, I'm doing alot more work than a simple phone call. So friends, be careful, and learn from my mistake.

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
they probably copy the website and take it down before there caught. Sucks though. Bank going to take car of you?

I am paranoid about this stuff. Not only do i shred my mail, i burn it.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
whitemike;1563385 said:
That's kinda harsh to a guy who just lost all his money and is posting simply to warn other members.. don't you think?

I don't think it's harsh at all I'm not slamming him I just have trouble understanding how someone/anyone can be caught by this sort of scam.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Most banks these days have a gigantic warning on their home and login pages warning you of these frauds, so to fall for it is a bit silly.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
That sucks brotato...

I ignore all e-mails like that. Just check your accounts daily and you'll know if something suspicious is going on before they do.

But yeah... You really should have known better.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I had a call from "My Bank" which was funny because I have accounts with 2 different banks, they just introduced themselves like "Hello, this is XXXX from Your Bank" and when I replied "which bank" they just said "Your main bank. We just need to verify your account information with your Social Security Number"

I told them to forget it and don't call me back.

Same deal with my Credit Card. They called with all the right information and just wanted to "verify" my SSN, but they needed the entire thing. I asked their name and told them I'd have to call them back. That got them all flustered and they said it wasn't necessary any longer. SCAM!

Any time a financial institution or credit card company asks for your SSN or any of your personal information for "verification" or anything like that, say NO!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Greetings,

It's my pleasure to notify you that after the unfotunate death of President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua the Country is in deep mourning and the Acting Presient has given a directives on all payment by the Federal Government as there has been discovery of unusual request for payment purportedly signed and approved by the late President.

Having reconcilled the Government Account for 2009 it was discovered that your payment was actually approved before now but due to some bereaucaratic bottleneck and corrupt practices by some officials your payment is still pending and this is part of the fund some of these officials are trying to divert for their personal gain.

The World Bank Group cum International Monetary Fund has offered to help the Country redeem its name during this periodd of National needs and our case is more pathetic considering the Economic Meltdown which most Country is just recovering from and there is no Country that is willing to see its resources been wasted or put in the hands of few cabals and most members Countries of the World Bank are no more willing to allow the world resources to be wasted on third world Countries.

The World Bank Group has therefore released a letter clearing the Grant earlier suspended because the Previous Administraion was not using the fund juiciously and the Worl Bank local representtaive will be part of the Payment supervising team to ensure beneficiaries like you receive their fund.

Therefore the Government has approved $7 Million(Seven Million USD) of your Outstanding payment and will be released into your designated Account within 48hrs directly from National Bank,Abuja through their corresponding Bank in Europe.

You have been placed on a priority payment status due to the delay and set back you Suffered in the past and you are directed to forward the Banking details of where you will want the fund to be sent and this should include the Bank Name,Account No., Routing number or Swift Code and also your full name and address.

The payment will be by Wire Transfer so make sure there is no error on the details you are sending, Once I receive the details it shall be forwarded to the paying Bank that will make the transfer and a copy of the transfer receipt will be sent to you..

For confidentiality purpose, my office will take the initiative of contacting you with regular updates for Proper monitoring of your transaction to avoid the mistakes of the past where some beneficiaries suffered unjustly because they were ignorant of the payment procedures and they end up loosing their funds.

You can email or call my direct line. I shall not tolerate those lackadaisical attitudes exhibited by some beneficiary under my predecessor. This is my direct line and should NOT be given to a third party as I restrict calls that come to this line.

Please quote the Code: Crystal Clear on your correspondence for Pass Identification.

Congratulations in advance.

Dr. Aganga Olusegun
Finance Minister
FRN.

Just got this tonight and am about to send off some $$$

NOT ;)

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Lmao. I get these or similar all the time. You'd think they would know better...

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
ROOM 4-230, 300 ALA MOANA BOULEVARD HONOLULU,
HAWAII 96850-0053
Email: fboirobertsmuller@presidency.com

Dear Sir/Madam ,

We the Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI Honolulu) United States Of America have through our intelligent monitoring network received a report of scam against you and other British/US citizens and Malaysia etc. whom the countries of Nigeria / Benin, Bokinafaso And Ghana even Cote D' Voire have decided to compensate you due to meeting held with the four countries' Government and the world high commissions against fraudulent activities by the Four country citizens.

Your name was among those scammed as listed by the FBI , CIA and the Nigeria Economic & Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) .

A compensation has been issued out in Certified Bank Draft Valued US$500,000 to all the affected victims and has been already in distribution to all the bearers. Your draft was among those that was reported undelivered as at Friday and we wish to advise you to see to the instructions of the Commitee to make sure you receives your draft immediately for your depositing into your account.

EFCC further told us that the use of Nigeria Courier Services and the Benin Courier Services was abolished due to interception activities noticed in the above mentioned Courier Services in Benin, Nigeria & Ghana even Cote D' Voire, thereby have made a concrete arrangement with the Bond Assurance Securities & Courier Services Agency - Germany for a safe delivery to your door-step once the beneficiary meets up the demand of the conveyance hence DHL, Fedex and other Courier Companies are no longer trust worthy.

We advise that you do the needful to make sure the Bond Assurance Securities & Courier Service Agency - Deutchland Germany dispatches your Certified Bank Draft before the end of this week. You are assured of the safety and availability of your draft but be advised to stop further contacts /communications with all those fake Lawyers, Banks & Security Companies who in collaboration scammed you. You can contact the Bond Assurance Securities & Courier Service Agency- Deutchland Germany via E Address : deutbndasuranceintl@live.de Name of contact person : Rev. Stevins George

Find out from him if the delivery date suits you.

THANKS FOR LISTENING TO OUR ADVISE

Faithfully Yours,
Robert S. Mueller, III
Director, FBI

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
charman02: I appreciate you looking out for us, but as it has been stated this is old news. I learned how to stay away from this stuff several years ago (I'm 19). Hopefully we haven't scared you into hiding your next discovery from us though, because we might need to know that one! :)

GrimJack;1563552 said:
You guys are lucky. All I get is people wanting to sell me bigger boobs.

lul

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
I haven't clicked a link inside an email in so many years now. If I were to see an email supposedly from my bank I go to my banks main website and login as usual that way, no need to click a direct link from an email.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
"You know what Toby, when the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Okay?"

charman02

Cruiser
Oct 14, 2008
Fresno
Yea, I know guys, I don't even know why I fell for it. I feel hecka stupid. Well, I access my online bank account sometimes at work, but sometimes our internet goes down so it shuts me out of it. So I attempted to log in a few times, but then just decided to call it quits cuz our internet here sucks. Then 30min later, I check my email, I receive an email alert from BofA(supposedly). So I didn't think much of it, it had the legitemate BofA web address and all. But now that I go back to it and compare it to the legit notice from BofA, you can tell it's totally a scam. BUt yea, thanks for bagging on me. I don't take negatively though. It's all true with what you guys say. But yea, thanks for responding

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
As sad as it seems, there are still people who fall for these scams. A person at my work was talking about how she fell for the "nigerian prince" scheme, I was awe-struck that someone actually fell for it, but at the same time, she seems like exactly the sort of person who would fall for that.

Schemes like the bank account info one really rely on you to not be thinking about the context of the email and just do what it says.