BAD DAY! MY 1JZ MKIII was stolen and wrecked today!

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
te72;1712235 said:
Far as I'm concerned, thieves don't have rights. In Arizona as well as here in Wyoming, if a man steals a horse that belongs to you, you can *legally* hang them for it, still to this day. If only this law extended to cars...

Sorry to hear that man, never feels good to hear this even when it's not your car. :(

Well technically he had 300 horses stolen from him. So he should get worse. Lol

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
These cars are targeted by any thief, just last month my neighbors 91 mk3 was stolen and all they did was take the rims and stereo then left it a few blocks from his house
they didnt even scratch it.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Sad to hear what happened. He deserved it. It doesn't look too bad, you can probably fix it up. Don't give up hope yet.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
crap man, that's some shit! Keep me up to date with what happens to the car. Next one you get we can definitely throw a real alarm on there for you. Are the wheels busted up or just the tires?

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
dude... house over car any day of the week.

most mk3 that i have seen have the tumblers so worn on the igniton, you can remove the key with the car runnning... doesnt take much to get them started.

last time i saw something like this on a personal level.. co worker was robbed of a radar detector he bought on craigslist. Guy that sold it to him smashed his truck window and took it back. Happened right after he bought it behind our office. Two days later he delivered a piece of medical equipment to one of our accounts ICU (we work for a medical equipment company). The patient was the guy that robbed him, he'd been shot in the back twice pulling the same smash and grab on another person.. its a short life span once you start fucking society in general! Talk about extreme coincidence!

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
That blows man. I live in Skagit county . I am sketched when ever my supra isn't blocked in the garage by my two daily's. I have dead bolts and the windows are blocked with wood poles and I still trip. Give a shout if you need any parts from this side to fix.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
please tell us there's a chance that you will get reimbursed for it. i know the book value isn't high, but the thief should be responsible for the REPLACEMENT value.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
What a rip man. Sorry to hear it. This too is my worst fear.

Not that this will make you feel too much better; but, at least it wasn't part of some car jacking ring. That's the last thing we need around here!

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
te72;1712235 said:
Far as I'm concerned, thieves don't have rights. In Arizona as well as here in Wyoming, if a man steals a horse that belongs to you, you can *legally* hang them for it, still to this day. If only this law extended to cars...

In AZ it is in the Rule books Technically but well its not really gonna go down like that if it occurs lol

supra1008;1712144 said:
Wow!! Sorry to hear that!! People are scumbags!! Atleast you weren't held up for the car. Last week a friend was sitting on the front steps with his gf in front of her apartment. He had just rode his motorcycle over and parked it in front. A guy walked over and demanded his keys to the bike. He said No. The guy pulled out his gun and shot him 3 times!! In the head and the chest! The guy ran off without the bike. Friend died in the hospital not even an hour later. They haven't caught the scumbag yet. Get a good alarm system and a club. Saved my cars from getting stolen numerous times!! Also good thing your car was only putting out 300. A. They might not have caught him or it wouldve been totalled completely cause he couldn't handle it the power.Look at the bright side. Your alive! Time to rebuild. Good luck!! Keep us posted.

OH MY GOD! I ride just about every day. Well, now it is my only transportation. That is scary as hell. I am sorry dude. I am happy to be alive.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

supra1008;1712290 said:
Well technically he had 300 horses stolen from him. So he should get worse. Lol

OH!!! HAHAHA!
Thank you! I needed that laugh! :)

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Justin;1712357 said:
crap man, that's some shit! Keep me up to date with what happens to the car. Next one you get we can definitely throw a real alarm on there for you. Are the wheels busted up or just the tires?

Hey buddy, i was going to message you. I don't know how the rims are. I am hoping they are ok, but i was told by the officer that they were flat. The guy got some serious air, so I am guessing one of them is bent. I am going to start looking for a MKIV.
The insurance man told me to start looking for a new car. I have not been told what they are offering yet. My insurance has told me many times that they pay me for current resale value of the parts and the car.

Update: my insurance company has told me that i need to look for a new car. So i believe they are totaling it. I plan to buy it back and probably salvage what i can.
My father also has friends with the police, so he was able to get the name and number for the arresting officer. He also got the name of the guy. I am going to write a letter to the prosecutor to help with the investigation talking about how much this car meant to me.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
viperkillertt;1712540 said:
---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

Hey buddy, i was going to message you. I don't know how the rims are. I am hoping they are ok, but i was told by the officer that they were flat. The guy got some serious air, so I am guessing one of them is bent. I am going to start looking for a MKIV.
The insurance man told me to start looking for a new car. I have not been told what they are offering yet. My insurance has told me many times that they pay me for current resale value of the parts and the car.

viperkillertt;1712691 said:
Update: my insurance company has told me that i need to look for a new car. So i believe they are totaling it. I plan to buy it back and probably salvage what i can.
My father also has friends with the police, so he was able to get the name and number for the arresting officer. He also got the name of the guy. I am going to write a letter to the prosecutor to help with the investigation talking about how much this car meant to me.

If he hit hard enough to blow the tires I imagine they are bent. Keep me up to date, depending on what you want I may buy 'em back from you as I'm looking for a new Supra this summer!

Sorry you're going through all this Josh, I know how much that car meant to you. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help, even if it's just turning a wrench to help part her out.

I finally talked with the insurance adjuster today. The adjuster only works on cases like mine, stolen cars and fire. He lives in Tacoma, WA. He is going to be setting me up with a independent appraiser in Port Orchard, WA. I believe the appraiser runs a tuner or engine build shop. I don't remember the name of the shop right now.
I have to take pictures of the car and then send pictures of what it looked like before. Then send receipts for everything I have done and he will tell me how much it is worth. Wish me luck :)

There still has not been any notice of if the court has granted the search warrant for my car.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Every Supra I buy (even the one's that are for parts) I get appraised immediately. Here (in Alberta) my insurance covers me for 100% my appraised cost + 1500.00 max on top of parts. My appraisals always come in at about 200% of what I paid...

Hope things work out. I took a Celica offroad once (1980.. driving about 65 MPH on a 15 MPH curve didnt work) and it sheered the suspension and blew all 4 tires. You may be lucky and find that if you buy the car, most of the parts are still usable. If the guy walks for any reason.. we can see what happens when you hook a human up to a Turbo and run 29 PSI through him...

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
viperkillertt;1712961 said:
I finally talked with the insurance adjuster today. The adjuster only works on cases like mine, stolen cars and fire. He lives in Tacoma, WA. He is going to be setting me up with a independent appraiser in Port Orchard, WA. I believe the appraiser runs a tuner or engine build shop. I don't remember the name of the shop right now.
I have to take pictures of the car and then send pictures of what it looked like before. Then send receipts for everything I have done and he will tell me how much it is worth. Wish me luck :)

There still has not been any notice of if the court has granted the search warrant for my car.

Hopefully you get enough to buy a sick MK4!!

Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
man this sucks i feel for ya dude. personally i hate thieves more than rapists and murderers. im about to dump alot of money into my car and worry about theft ALL the time. its all about having many layers of security. but bottom line if someone wants your car bad enough they are going to take it. i hope the insurance company doesnt screw you over or at least the engine/trans are salvageable. just use this as an excuse for a new supra project. good luck

JZASeventy

Feb 6, 2011
Calgary
Grandavi;1712966 said:
Every Supra I buy (even the one's that are for parts) I get appraised immediately. Here (in Alberta) my insurance covers me for 100% my appraised cost + 1500.00 max on top of parts. My appraisals always come in at about 200% of what I paid....

Which insurance company are you with??