B&G Springs

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I think they have a perfect drop. The front is a hair lower than the rear but it looks nice. Its not low enough to drag on everything but its low enough to make the factory wheels flush with the wheel Wells.

The ride isn't too harsh either. Yeah they're stiffer than stock but its not too terrible.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
p1842937_1.jpg

There's my car lowered on B&Gs and Tokico blues.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Yeah I'll post up a side pic. I forgot to mention I'm on tiny stock N/A exhaust, although it isn't hooked up to the turbo downpipe yet... :p So no scraping problems for me. I wouldn't go any lower really.. Even if I had the option.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Sorry. I'd post up a side picture but I never got around to it and now my car was clipped by a pt cruiser. So yeah.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
We have some really bad roads here and I've only once had a problem, and it was just an awkward speed bump. Like they raised the road up (like they would do for a speed hump) and then put a speed bump on top of it.. lol.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
So let me update this thread. I did go ahead and buy the B&G springs. At first they looked good on the car and the ride was still pretty good but now all the wheels have a different degree of camber and it's sloppy as hell. I know it's not because of the springs. My car is in need of bushings all around. However when I do that job I'm thinking of just putting the stock springs back on with either some Tokico blues or Bilsteins, not sure yet. I'm also going to put some stock 91/92 5-spokes on. If you're wondering why, take a look at that blue car in my signature. That was my 91. All stock and rode better that my Lexus, seriously. I want that ride back. I like cruising in comfort. Here's a pic of the day I finished putting the springs on.

p1977833_1.png

This is at TX2K13 a few weeks later.

p1977833_2.png

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
It is never fun when you take away from the Grand touring part of the MKIII. I do like the look of Factory 5 spoke wheels. Both the 16" and 17". Tein coilovers on the black car in sig pic. rides smoother than the lowered blue one does with lowering springs. Good luck with your quest.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
gtsfirefighter;1977833 said:
So let me update this thread. I did go ahead and buy the B&G springs. At first they looked good on the car and the ride was still pretty good but now all the wheels have a different degree of camber and it's sloppy as hell. I know it's not because of the springs. My car is in need of bushings all around. However when I do that job I'm thinking of just putting the stock springs back on with either some Tokico blues or Bilsteins, not sure yet. I'm also going to put some stock 91/92 5-spokes on. If you're wondering why, take a look at that blue car in my signature. That was my 91. All stock and rode better that my Lexus, seriously. I want that ride back. I like cruising in comfort. Here's a pic of the day I finished putting the springs on.

p1978313_1.png

This is at TX2K13 a few weeks later.

p1978313_2.png

I'd love to see what others have to say with good bushings and all. I want a slightly lower ride with improved handling, but I still want a GT feel and not a harsh, sports-only type ride.

GTSFirefighter (I forget your name): What shocks do you have? I think that'll make a big difference in the feel.

The Bilsteins have the variable perches so perhaps that would give the option of stock spring rates and a lower ride? Although the Bilsteins will probably contribute more to a harsh ride than springs. :dunno: