B&G Springs

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Personally, I like the front rake look. I never did like the even drop. Looks like a car that has old tired sagged suspension all around. Different stroke for different folks.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
suprarx7nut;1978313 said:
I'd love to see what others have to say with good bushings and all. I want a slightly lower ride with improved handling, but I still want a GT feel and not a harsh, sports-only type ride.

GTSFirefighter (I forget your name): What shocks do you have? I think that'll make a big difference in the feel.

The Bilsteins have the variable perches so perhaps that would give the option of stock spring rates and a lower ride? Although the Bilsteins will probably contribute more to a harsh ride than springs. :dunno:

It's Kenneth but friends call me Ken or Kenny.

I currently have some KYB GR2 shocks on it. I bought them right after I got the car home cause it needed shocks...BAD and they were cheap. They were coupled with stock springs until I bought the B&G's.
I will not be re-using them. The right front is completely blown. I'm sure I ruined it when putting the lowered springs on cause I believe I pitted the shaft by accident. Anyway, it leaked out all it's fluid.
I will most likely buy the Tokico blues. I've used them before on my first SC300 and was pretty pleased with them, and they are not expensive at all. I'll also put them on with the stock springs ( although subject to change depending on mood and ideas ). Whatever I decide it'll be the last damn time I pull the shocks. Compressing the springs and such is a major pain in the ass.

Suprapowaz!(2);1978321 said:
Personally, I like the front rake look. I never did like the even drop. Looks like a car that has old tired sagged suspension all around. Different stroke for different folks.

True that. Honestly I'm fine with the rear stock height but would like the front about 1 inch lower.

terrenceLP

Mar 22, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Dude, bushings first!
Anything other than stock will be harsher. If you crave the GT ride but with a drop.... Get coilovers and get underrated Springs. You're gonna bottom out due to lack of travel.

Also, really good tires will make up for some of the ride comfort.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
gtsfirefighter;1978343 said:
It's Kenneth but friends call me Ken or Kenny.

I currently have some KYB GR2 shocks on it. I bought them right after I got the car home cause it needed shocks...BAD and they were cheap. They were coupled with stock springs until I bought the B&G's.
I will not be re-using them. The right front is completely blown. I'm sure I ruined it when putting the lowered springs on cause I believe I pitted the shaft by accident. Anyway, it leaked out all it's fluid.
I will most likely buy the Tokico blues. I've used them before on my first SC300 and was pretty pleased with them, and they are not expensive at all. I'll also put them on with the stock springs ( although subject to change depending on mood and ideas ). Whatever I decide it'll be the last damn time I pull the shocks. Compressing the springs and such is a major pain in the ass.

Ah, Ken! That's right!

I've heard the GR2s are pretty harsh when lowered. I don't think that they were designed to be used with non-stock springs. If you do Tokico Blues let us know how it goes. I'm trying to figure out the right suspension set-up and I'm having a hell of time. I want a GT feel (not a Buick, but much smoother than a track car) and that doesn't seem to be a market anyone cares about. It's all about track or slammed show car it seems. I want neither. :-/

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I think that the Eibach's are a great spring.
I had intrax on mine first, but got rid of them as soon as i could afford the eibach's. The Intrax's were an even drop, but too low.
The Eibach's are progressive wound, so they're somewhat soft like stock, until you really push the car. They dropper my car about 1" front, and 1.5" back. It just looked right. The intrax's looked good too, but didn't ride as well. I had adjustable Koni's on rear, and Tockico blues up front, and the ride was firm, but not race firm. It was still comfortable. I think Eibachs with koni's/ bilsteins or tockico's are a good choice.
p1978918_1.jpg

p1978918_2.jpg

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
suprarx7nut;1978892 said:
Ah, Ken! That's right!

I've heard the GR2s are pretty harsh when lowered. I don't think that they were designed to be used with non-stock springs. If you do Tokico Blues let us know how it goes. I'm trying to figure out the right suspension set-up and I'm having a hell of time. I want a GT feel (not a Buick, but much smoother than a track car) and that doesn't seem to be a market anyone cares about. It's all about track or slammed show car it seems. I want neither. :-/

You're right. It's either slammed (ugly and non functional in my opinion) or track. I love the stock ride just wished it didn't sit so high. It'll be after New Years before I can get them replaced so I'll be exploring my options. Going back stock seems to be the way I'm leaning though. I lmao at the Buick comparison.

Hey Supraguy are those pics with the Eibachs? If so the drop looks perfect to me but it seems like I remember Eibachs being lower in the front.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Those are the Eibach's. And yes, the drop is supposed to be lower in the front. But i think a front drop of .5 inches is perfect. Besides, we're talking about a drop equal to the width of your thumb.
And that set of pics is 7+ years after installing them, so they definitely hold their ride height. I never really used to scrape on anything, even with my 3" exhaust.