Auto trans noise issue

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
So my trans started making this loud electrical buzz not to long ago. My pan looks it may be dented as pointed out by a friend and it could be coming into contact with a solenoid. I recorded a video posted below. I want to hear opinions or confirm my suspicion that its the solenoid or something else. The car shifts fine no issues there other than this annoying noise. It does not increase with rpm. Its makes the sound in every gear and sometimes you hear nothing. However occasionally you'll hear the sound start sounds similar to a gas light bulb coming on.

http://static.photobucket.com/playe...com/albums/v436/Cobra281s/20121123_185205.mp4

Thanks for your time

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
From where is it dented? Why would it just start coming in contact with the selenoid jus now? If the pan was hitting your selenoids why would it make that kind of noise since stock toyota selenoids dont move due to the bracket and when they engage there little to no vibration from them...... Not saying its not the selenoids making the noise but I doubt its them hitting the pan.... Has your shifter ever started vibrating after putting the car in park?

Last edited:

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Actually I think I may know what that is after seeing video again..... It may be your flywheel bolts lose, I dont know if you used threadlock when you did your swap but its worth a try and easy to check out... Just unbolt and pull the transmission cover and the bolts will be right there.... Worth a try....

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
I unplugged the ect and its still makes the noise. It increases with rpm. I have a video of me cycling through the gears and its loudest in any drive gear. In Park or Neutral you only hear the sound if I rev the motor. Thoughts? Video is uploading