ATTN: California 1JZ's!!!!

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
BlackMKIII;864060 said:
I just noticed your avatar. What's on the right side of that picture? I'm willing to post up my FULL dash. :D

(I'm just playing, BTW. Don't hate. :D)

ROFL

--------------------------------------

Topic: everyone tried telling you that it wouldn't pass wtf lol. It's been attempted so many times by so many different people with different cars.

payo

Hijo de la chingada.
Jan 14, 2007
Lynwood/Firebaugh CA.
wow you guys are almost pointing the finger in the right direction..if you did a 1j swap.. do some research on the legality deal. theres ways around everything. but this is no place to be talking about it.

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
Do you guy's think i can pass for a "Special Construction Vehicle"????

From DMV webpage:

Specially Constructed Vehicle

580. A "specially constructed vehicle" is a vehicle which is built for private use, not for resale, and is not constructed by a licensed manufacturer or remanufacturer. A specially constructed vehicle may be built from (1) a kit; (2) new or used, or a combination of new and used, parts; or (3) a vehicle reported for dismantling, as required by Section 5500 or 11520, which, when reconstructed, does not resemble the original make of the vehicle dismantled. A specially constructed vehicle is not a vehicle which has been repaired or restored to its original design by replacing parts.

Specially Constructed Vehicles- Emission Control

What is the Specially Constructed Vehicle Emission Control Program?

Existing law requires most 1976 and newer model year vehicles to pass an emissions control inspection (smog check) prior to original registration, transfer of ownership, and every second annual renewal. Since Specially Constructed Vehicles (SPCNS) are homemade and do not have a manufacturer-assigned model year, they must be taken to a Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) Referee Station for the original inspection. Upon completion of the inspection, the referee will affix a tamper-resistant label to the vehicle and issue a certificate that establishes the model-year for future inspection purposes.

Per California Vehicle Code §4750.1, the first 500 program applicants in each calendar year may choose whether the inspection is based on the model-year of the engine used in the vehicle or the vehicle model-year. If the engine or the vehicle does not sufficiently resemble one previously manufactured, the referee will assign 1960 as the model-year.

After the first 500 vehicles have been registered in any calendar year, all others will be assigned the same model-year as the calendar year in which the application is submitted.

Previously registered vehicles may be included as one of the first 500 applicants in a calendar year and apply for a different model-year determination.

What is an SPCNS Certificate of Sequence?
An SPCNS Certificate of Sequence identifies a vehicle as one for which the owner may choose emission control inspection based on the model-year of the engine used in the vehicle or the vehicle model-year. The certificate is issued by DMV Headquarters and will be mailed 7-10 working days after the application is accepted by your local DMV. The certificate must be presented to the BAR Referee Station at the time of inspection.

Per statute, only 500 certificates can be issued in a calendar year. Once the yearly allotment has been issued, applicants must wait until the following year to apply for a certificate.

SPCNS Certificates of Sequence cannot be transferred to a different vehicle or reissued in someone else's name. The seller of a vehicle must provide the buyer with the SPCNS Certificate of Sequence along with the bill of sale and any additional registration documents. In addition, fees deposited in one year cannot be held over for the next year's allocation of certificates.

Note: Due to the limited number of SPCNS Certificates of Sequence available, you may wish to submit your application for registration in person at a local DMV office.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
lolz there is several ways to pass smog
1 temporarly swap vins with a legit mkiii just the dash one and the firewall one DMV will even re- rivet them for you just say you were painting your car and accidently knocked them off they will re-inspect the rest of the car vins no big deal.

2 run your car on a standalone ECU and run it on Alchy/mixture because alchohol haves no emissions also with standalone turn your timming off & your boost while your at it shut off a couple cylinders and injectors because a four cylinder on alchy haves lower emissions. when using this option goto a smog shop swamped with work where they dont have enough time to do the visual inspection for your EGR also hide all the shinny things in your car! paint the IC black also any aftermarket IC plumbing to have shinny aftermarket parts that scream modded engine! use black couplers! put covers on your turbos no crome or shinny toys that say NOS or aeromotive etc fuel regulators is a give away also. If you plan to take your car out street racing and a cop ask you to pop your hood you have to : ( or he will impound it and get probible cause to take it apart.

But you can prepair knowing these things you can design factory looking overs and plates like mud/splash gaurdes put them in your engine bay cover anything aftermarket with heat shields heat wrap and polyeurothane panels just because a cop haves the right to pop your hood and inspect doesnt give him the right to grab a 10mm wrench and start taking panels and pieces of your car apart.

3 get a fake address! in the city of like blyth or in a county outside of the citys or smog or even register your car out of state in a familys name or something.

there is 100's of ways to pass smog its like the govt making the rule illegeal imagration is illegal so therefore no one will sneak into our country anymore and everyone in the US is here legaly if you arent laughing by now move to CA FL TX and tell me everyone here is legal.

If you dont see how easy it is then your blind and dont deserve a 1JZ so give it to me:evil2:

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
colorado00.jpg

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
You guy's dont quite know my whole story... I have the car registered/ insured in AZ with legit plates and everything...

The problem:
I got pulled over 3 different f*cking times since Dec07 when i moved to cali and received 2 different tickets for outa state registration... The judge said i have three months until i am expected to have state reg. The three months are up!!!!

I am tired of getting tickets for "no registration" for California

I need to get a California plate and reg, to keep these damn pigs of my 89+ tails!!!

I took it to a smog place to start the reg. and the guy failed me do to a different engine (the 1jz) then i went to the BAR to fight it and they said "since the motor was never offered ion the US it is not smog certified"

If i can get a smog PASS then i go to DMV get plates and the cops cant pull me over every other day!!!

As far as the "stock" look under the hood, i have already begun... Painted front mount flat blk... RX7 air box cut out and over laying my K&N... ect.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
^^ i sure hope thats not for me. I dont have to deal with this problem, and from the sounds of things hopefully never will. First idea that came to my head, and atleast it doesnt involve an engine swap. If theres one thing ive learned, its that most people are fucking stupid. If you can tell them something and sound convincing, they will beleve almost anything you tell them. Tell them its a 2J and bombard them with facts, even if those "facts" are made up. Tell them that early 2J's had a "1" stamped in place of the "2" becasue it was an early prototype. If they arnt an expert on toyotas, id put money on them beleiving you. Besides, the whats the worst that could happen? they wont beleive you? tell you to beat is and you move onto the next smog testing station. But then again, they just might buy it. If they catch you, blame an article you read on the internet. Play the stupid card. Most people are fairly easy to munipulate.

Maybe a solid running 7M owned between 5-6 1J owners would be a good idea. Everyone helps everyone when their turn for smog testing comes up. All you need is a place to keep said 7M (possably GE?? might be better for smog?) a cherry picker, and 5 friends who will help each other. Thats what is be doing if the BS story didnt work

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
Jayhall;992047 said:
Tell them that early 2J's had a "1" stamped in place of the "2" becasue it was an early prototype.

LOL!!!!

They aren't that silly at the B.A.R....

I think i found a guy to pass me!?!??!?

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
as dumb as it seems, when all else fails the vin swap idea has always seemed the most favorable to me, regardless of the high legality issue it raises.

theres some ppl that registered their R32 skylines as maximas lmao. Not that that has any bearing on this, just found it to be quite comical.