ATTN: California 1JZ's!!!!

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Boy oh boy do I love living in arizona ;). I just walk in and get my tags and walk out done!

haha I always thought people in cali would do the 1j swap then sell them because of smog :p....

Shadow

87 1JZ-GTE Single Turbo
May 25, 2005
Windsor, Ct
Ha, Ha! I feel sorry for you guys but my car is registered in South Carolina where there is no smog. The way I get away with this is because I'm in the Air Force. I can keep my car registered wherever. One thing the government did right. ::salute::

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Like Shadow said, us Military guys have it made. I live in NJ and have a VA registration. My Supra isn't even inspected since I don't drive it to VA. Cops don't bother me none.

As for the CA registration, good luck with that. I even know that they are strict as hell and I don't even live there.

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
This thread =
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Zerocool said:
Boy oh boy do I love living in arizona ;). I just walk in and get my tags and walk out done!

haha I always thought people in cali would do the 1j swap then sell them because of smog :p....
Yeah I might be coming to visit you soon Clint. What's your address again?
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
viperkillertt said:
if you are near Arizona, couldn't you just have a good friend across the boarder and have two addresses? I want to try that for a while when i move down. I think we can keep our stateship for like 6 months.
Exactly what I posted above. Though I work and have a family here in Cali, I may be moving in with Clint on the weekends if you know what I'm saying. I also have people in Grand Junction, CO. No smog there and I can represent my old college on the plate.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

The plate even matches my burgundy interior. AZ personalized plates are ugly.​

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I can't believe this thread hasn't gone there yet, so I will take it there:

7M FTMFW

Lol :icon_bigg

j/k *goes and hides in a corner*

May 23, 2007
oakdale, california
well, i found out that for us ca residents, if you have an adress in toulumne county, they dont give a damn what you do to your car. no smog required. so, my lil bro's buddy lives there wich is like 30 min away from where i live, so my problem got solved that way.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
suprastanger507mgte said:
you smog your car and then do the swap ...duuuhhh!!!!. timing is everything lol
Or have a spare engine on the side to drop in for smog purposes. Not bad for once in every two years man.Removing and installing a 7m is a days job...

So thats it. :icon_bigg

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
Shadow said:
That's easy to say way out in NC.

Easy to say anywhere! I dont remember making that comment towards anyone else except for the man with the stock 1JZ giving the 7M the thumbs down. And I will stand by that statement too.