ATTN: California 1JZ's!!!!

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
OneJoeZee;880312 said:
It's a charcoal canister.

Is that your engine? I don't recall if you have a 1j or not.

If you do, you're wasting your time at the ref.

Yep thats mine...

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Save yourself the trip.

Or, go in somebody else's car and ask.

It's not about whether the car can pass smog or not. It can fart emissions of water and daisies and you'll still be in the same boat as everyone else.

If you had a 2J, it would be different.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
The 1JZ runs SO RICH under boost that if you just barely tap the throttle it looks like a little piggy.

Last thing I will say:

DON'T GO. Trust me, you'll thank me later. I don't want to read later that "OMG the ref told me no way! I'm so screwed!"

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
If you have a stock intake, I'd put that back on.

Anything stock that you still have, put it back on. If things don't look out of place, you'll be better off. The more obvious stuff they see, the more they're gonna poke around.

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
I have a 3in y-down pipe, cat, 2.5 HKS sport cat back (from N/A) so my exhaust is pretty restricted, just changed every fluid and filter so i should be running as clean as the 1J will let me!!! But as you can see i don't have the stock look under the hood with all those damn couplers and IC pipes:3d_frown:!!!

I really hope i get through this, maybe at the least the ref will be cool and let me know any ways to get registered...

I know i am on a very thin line, but i will regret it if i don't at least try!!!

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
Well... I seen this coming!!!

"1992 JDM 1JZ-GTE 2.5L TWIN TURBO is NOT a USA EPA emissions approved engine. Not available for US applications (considered greymarket)."

BAR is ridiculous!!!

It comes down to me keeping an AZ registration under my buddy's address:3d_frown:

It was worth a shot!!!

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
While on a similar topic, if you managed to get a 1JZ to pass on the emissions test how would they catch you out on the Visual inspection? Do the inspectors have access to a database that shows what should be in each and every bay or do they catch you out some other way? If it's just looks, surely you could pass a 1J off as a 2J?