As Requested: MaftPro Install writeup

NJsupraA70

Ex-Supra Owner
Sep 18, 2005
NJ
Ok guys, here is a writeup for the MaftPro install w/speed density. instalation is easy and very similar to an safc install.

What you need:

1.MAFT Pro base unit
maftpro.jpg

2.AIT sensor
001airtemp.jpg

3.Map Sensor
0223BARMAP.jpg

4.Speed Density Harness(not pictured)

Install instructions:

Unplug the Ecu connectors, and use the diagram below to guide you with the wiring. Both 89+ and pre 89 diagrams are pictured below.

89+ diagram:

p128201_1.jpg

p128201_2.jpg

p128201_3.jpg

Pre 89 diagram:

p128201_4.jpg

p128201_5.jpg

The install kit includes wire taps. Use these to tap the maftpro wires into the engine wiring harness. You must CUT the KS wire on the engine wiring harness, and the connect the GREEN wire from the Maftpro to the ECU SIDE of the wire. You can leave the other side of the KS wire unattached or you can connect it to the YELLOW wire on the maftpro harness(not pictured). This procedure for the KS wire is the same on a safc install. You will also notice that the speed density harness( #2 in my diagram) has its own loose purple wire. tap that into VF on the ecu pinout.

In addition the the wiring diagrms I made above here are additional instructions provided by full throttle tech. Also included below are all the settings you must adjust on the unit before using:

p128201_6.jpg

p128201_7.jpg

Once you have the maftpro wired up, its time to intall the AIT sensor and MAP sensor. The AIT sensor has 3/8 npt threads.

WHere you put the map sensor is up to you. I have mine on the driver side fender, pictured below, and run vacuum to it.

PIC of Map Sensor Location:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/heedah007/S3500166.jpg

You will also need to mount the AIT sensor. You can tap the 3000 pipe and screw it in there like Milke Malloy did:

Pic of Mikes AIT sensor location:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/heedah007/Pdr_0299.jpg

I chose to install mine on the upper I/C next to the snorkel hole. I had to purchase a 3/8 npt female weld bung in order to do this.

Pic of MY AIT sensor location:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/heedah007/steveait.jpg

Once youve completed these steps, go ahead and program the Maftpro based on the instructions listed above, and your ready to Boost. Enjoy!

If I have made any errors, or if you have any suggestions please feel free to let me know. I know the wiring diagram is a little messy but hopefully it will help, thanks

- Steve

Last edited:

Allan_MA70

Banned
May 1, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
NJsupraA70 said:
The install kit includes wire taps.

Wire taps are EVIL "brokeback mountan style"

I suggest you carefully remove about 1 inch of insulation wrap the wire around and then solder the joint and tape it up with quality tape.

wiretaps aka scotch locks CUT strands of the original wire, can act like a mini hack saw on the wire over time and can also be a resistive join thus causing corosion and the joint to fail.

all BAD things when you drive your car long distances

NJsupraA70

Ex-Supra Owner
Sep 18, 2005
NJ
OK guys I updated the diagrams to include the HAC sensor. I know the diagrams are a little messy but I hope it helps some of you guys out.

IJ. said:
Didn't realise when he said "Wiretaps" he was talking about "Scotchlocks" agreed 100% they have no place on a car wiring system ever.....

Im just going with what is provided with the unit. :) I personally soldered my KS wire, and the orange and purple w/b wires. For the rest I used the "scotchlocks" as you like to call them. Take care

Untouchable7mgte said:
can this be use with the regular MAF because im poor and im getting the normal version

Yes it can. But the speed density kit is only $100 extra. :)

- Steve

NJsupraA70

Ex-Supra Owner
Sep 18, 2005
NJ
Untouchable7mgte said:
wait do you need a wideband to run MAF-T or its just something in there you can hook up??

This is maftPRO not Maft-t :). No you do not need a w/b. Its only needed if you want to take advantage of the AFR tracking. take care

- Steve

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
I've been thinking about getting the MAFTpro, but my headgasket has started acting up and I'm going to replace that before it gets to be a problem, which I know it will. So what do you guys suggest as for supporting mods, what would work best with the maft, I figure I might as well do most of the work at the time I'm doing the HG. I'm mostly stock, plan on going 3" DP/cat back, boost controller, and been thinking of the maft over the lex550 from hearing most peoples good words about the maft. How easy is it to tune? Thanks -Jason

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
if we dont have a wideband right away.. wat do we do with the wires? tap them into the stock o2 sensor? orr wat :)