Arp headstud free spinning

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Check the block and all threads real carefully to make sure none of the threads stripped out. I'd also say check your socket and/or the nut... I've seen sockets break and nuts break from too much torque and they make a loud crack sound

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Poodles;1977943 said:
Studs have better and more consistent clamping force, so they're still an upgrade. Also when installed correctly, they load the block better and have a lower risk of stripping or cracking the block. Ultimately, they're better in every way here...

Studs are way over the top without an advantage until extremes are reached.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Nick M;1978307 said:
Studs are way over the top without an advantage until extremes are reached.

They're cheap, so no, don't see how they're way over the top. They also don't stress the block threads as much which is important on an older engine that's getting harder and harder to replace...

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Can anyone help point me in a direction of what size/type heli coil I need to attempt to fix this thread in the block.

I'm finally going to attempt to do this in the morning.

Do not know terribly much about Heli Coils. It's just having the right length and thread pitch correct?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Measure how deep the hole is, you'll need an M12x1.25 kit, it'll be 2d or a combination of 2x 2d and a 1d coil d being bolt diameter, whatever it takes to get full engagement on the stud.