Around 300hp power goals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
radiod;1384702 said:
Does anyone else feel like this thread is just circling around itself? 6 pages in short form:

Can you run 300hp with the stock hg/bolts? Yes
Do you NEED to change to a mhg/arp hardware? No
Should you change to a mhg/arp hardware? Probably

You can go and throw 300hp at the setup the way it is right now. All people are saying here is don't be suprised if the head gasket does blow on you because >50% end up blowing up on you. With chances like that, I would do the work before it bhg's and potentially causes more damage, and that's all that people are saying. Nobody here is telling you what to do, just giving their honest opinion because you asked for it.

Fact: My car's blown 3 stock head gaskets before a previous own put on the metal head gasket, and it's running around the same power that you are aiming for. I have receipts for machine work and rebuild parts, and it's not something you want to do if you don't have to.

It sucks getting answers you don't want to hear, but let's face it, we're all just being honest.

And to answer your question from a few pages back Boosted516, the car was dyno'd at 330rwhp.

Well I don't think I can get a MHG because I can't machine the block.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Then my straight out honest answer would be wait until you have the time and $$ to get the work done. Better to drive it at a lower hp than even having the slightest risk of blowing it up IMHO. It will only set you up to have your car off the road and at 0 hp if things do break and you can't afford to fix them later. It's painful, it sucks, I know first hand. My car's been off the road for a year and a half and I'm just now finishing up the work because I had to save for parts and pieces, and now a wedding too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.