arizzle's 92 teal project2!

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Man that sucks about the radiator support i always hate hearing that. Thats awesome its in, time for this tealy to get back on the road :D

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
yeah man it does suck but nothing i can do at this point hahah! im just glad my motor didnt drop all the way down! lol :cry:

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
arizzle;1511789 said:
yeah i was thinking of getting the bay painted but i got alot of rust were the battery was so paint / body / engine bay will be my next project as im not to concern about it.

yeah pretty much the same here, mine did clean up pretty nice though after it was scrubbed by my mechanic and i replaced the tems electronic covers since they were rusted and stuff like the heat shield for the abs lines, im really focused on getting the engine in and running first, once thats done pulling the engine and just putting it back in is not such a big deal later done the line

nice on getting the engine in, like you said it could have been worse and good thing it wasn't

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
yeah. i gave it a good scrub but still alright could be better but its alot less oily then before. lol yeah thats my focus also to get it in and running. everything else doesnt really matter,

thanks, yeah it could been alot worse but after the chain slipped it gave the motor a angle to easliy go in LOL, but nothing a little jack and a 2x4 and a sledge hammer cant fix.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
well bit of a update,

i connected all the hoses/plug the harnes all in.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

i still have alot of things to do. i will adapting the clutch to the flywheel and finishing up all the stuff that needs to be done under the car.
i've also decided to run NA valve covers now! i know i know lol but my 2.5 intake pipe is hitting my VC so im pulling them out today got a good clean set.

also just ordered a lipp alternator reolcater and locally picked up a new aeromotive FPR w/ gauge.

im hoping to have it running mid march!!! :)

hung_lo

Sep 12, 2008
Burnaby
arizzle;1511228 said:
was hoping to drop the motor tonight but got no help and not really wanting to do it by my self! LOL

Could've called me brother.

Would've dropped whatever I was doing to give you a hand.

Now get that b!tch back on the road!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
thanks dude!

yeha but you were working that day, lol

i got a shit load of stuff done lastnight,

drive shafts in, FPR in mounted,clutch is bolted to flywheel,

al thats left it weld the Ic piping, mount the rad, install the maft and install a fuel pump!

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
well this weekend got more things done,

installed the lipp alternator relocater, mounted the rad, installad spark plugs, wired up the maft pro, wired up the lc1 innovate WB, mt90 redline in the tranny, oil in the engine and checked for pan leaks, wired up the flex-lite fans,

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sorry for the crappy cellphone pics,

planning on getting it cranked over sometime this week :)

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
update

friday night, got the motor turned over for the intial crank. had a few issues it started on the third try. the cps timing was way off and didnt want to crank.

after fixing the time got the motor cranked sounded great!!! but i was noticing coolent leaking it was from my new water pump the bearing had failed.

saturday, took the water pump out and replaced it with another new 1, as installing it the paper gasket ripped!!! was angry by this time cause everyone was now closed at this point! called a few ppl to see if they had spare no one had , so i rtv'd the gasket and the water pump ( ps duane it did work ), i got it all back together and started it up after the second oil change and took it around the block!!! no im just re adjusting to the rps clutch as it was way stiffer then stock! relised my WB wasnt working so ive been driving like a granny all night didnt know my afr's. also i have a big exhaust leak sounds like its coming from my turbo to manifold not to concerned about that now cause im breaking in the motor now then tune really soon.

today! i will be get pictures up and a video! im going to fix the WB today, wash the car and clean up my ecu!

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

update

friday night, got the motor turned over for the intial crank. had a few issues it started on the third try. the cps timing was way off and didnt want to crank.

after fixing the time got the motor cranked sounded great!!! but i was noticing coolent leaking it was from my new water pump the bearing had failed.

saturday, took the water pump out and replaced it with another new 1, as installing it the paper gasket ripped!!! was angry by this time cause everyone was now closed at this point! called a few ppl to see if they had spare no one had , so i rtv'd the gasket and the water pump ( ps duane it did work ), i got it all back together and started it up after the second oil change and took it around the block!!! no im just re adjusting to the rps clutch as it was way stiffer then stock! relised my WB wasnt working so ive been driving like a granny all night didnt know my afr's. also i have a big exhaust leak sounds like its coming from my turbo to manifold not to concerned about that now cause im breaking in the motor now then tune really soon.

today! i will be get pictures up and a video! im going to fix the WB today, wash the car and clean up my ecu!

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
JDMMA70;1530931 said:
less talk more action :D

Hahaha yah I would if the weather wasn't so shitty!!! Its been raining, and the vids on my phone.

tekdeus;1530994 said:
Are you using the Flex-a-Lite brand control box thermostat? They are garbage, and fail easily. Mine left me stranded twice before I wired in a separate relay.

Yah I'm running a flex lite fan controller so far so good. It didn't work cause of a bad ground.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
arizzle;1531286 said:
Yah I'm running a flex lite fan controller so far so good. It didn't work cause of a bad ground.
You can use that controller, but I recommend wiring in a separate relay and bypassing the internal one. The fans draw so much current that the terminals unsolder themselves form the circuit board. Happened twice on mine last summer. Do it now or risk overheating in the summer!

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
well right now i have the fans on everytime when ever the car is on. but im thinking of going back to the fan clutch and also the A/c fans. but will i was wondering if my a/c fans will turn on without the A/c pump? and no a/c unit.

update fixed my power steering pump and fixed my turbo manifold leak. took a few pictures and got a bit carried away! :)

also installed a airguide!!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

engine pictures
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
All your hard work is paying off, it looks like you've now got a fast, beautiful car! Be sure to put a small zip tie on that fuel AFPR vac line, because if it pops off under boost, your engine will go lean. You'd better zip tie ALL your vac lines. I found that the stock vac lines really start to pop off around 15+ psi, and I got so tired of that I went all silicone WITH small zip ties, good for over 30lbs of boost!

If you're going to get it tuned on a dyno, you might want to consider throwing on a meth kit beforehand, they're only $330us on eBay and will let you tune up to 22psi, which on my setup, gave me another 75 hp on pump gas. If you add the kit later, it will need retuning. I did my tuning at RG racing.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
thanks guys!

yeah i got a pack sitting in the hatch :), car still not beautiful yet lol.

yeah i was planning on getting a meth-kit before the PNW meet but i might just get it tuned at 15psi for now. im almost done my 500KM break in! lol im going to enjoy this car for now and then meth kit in the next month or so. but i dont know if my turbo will hold the 22 psi! lol its so tiny. LOL