Aristo 440's

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
I just had my upgraded steel wheeled ct-12a twins installed with a set of aristo 440's and the car wouldn't start. The injectors don't pulse. Put old stock injectors in and it fired right up. The 440's each read 13.8 ohms and the stockers are 16.7. Do you need a resistor pack for 3 ohms? They are supposed to be "plug and play". On a side note I had my boost set at 14 psi with the stock twins and on the first test run with the upgraded twins the boost hit 20 without changing the boost controler. Need to do a dyno run.

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Jdm 2j has 440s. USdm has 550's and need resistor pack.

Does the car crank but not start? Any codes?

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
the injectors are grey and are the part number for the aristos. Car cranks and doesn't start. The mechanic said the iinjectors weren't working. Put in the old ones and they work.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
When you changed the injectors did you forget to plug one of the cam sensors in and then catch the mistake without realizing it when you reinstalled the stock injectors?

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
I wasn't there. I had a mechanic do the work. I'll try this weekend and plug in another ecu if it doesn't start.
The high boost was from a leak in the blow off valve hose btw.

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Just tried another ECU and it didn't start so the aristos 440s are out the window, Also tried installing a smaller intercooler and the welded anchor nuts dont line up with the "universal" bracket so I tried using a rat tail file to lengthen the slots but after 20 minutes of trying to file through 2 inches of aluminum, well the old one is back on..... interesting morning, didn't get crap done except the blitz radiator cap which thankfully went on no problem.

Last edited:

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Update on the 440's
I just installed a harness by Dr. Tweak and a glass blasted with high temp clear coat intake manifold along with a set of 550's and resistor pack. Ran this setup for almost two tanks of gas and the mileage went from 21 plus to 16.8 MPG. Yeah at around 80 cents a gallon who cares but black smoke wide open gets old.
My AFR's were around 12.2 at idle and the mid 13's at cruising so it looks like the stock ECU can not compensate for the larger injectors. Well I decided to try the 440's again and put them in and the motor actually sputtered and ran like crap for a few seconds.
When this saga began, the shop that put the turbos and injectors in asked me if I wanted the injectors flow tested and cleaned which cost 8KD (roughly 28 USD)per injector so I said why not (he said he has a friend that can do it). It turns out the bastard didn't do shit except pocket the money and tell me they didn't work. Since it sputtered on a single injector I figured I could get it working. Suprising it tried to run on one cylinder. Well after pulling them all and running some carb cleaner through them while energized, they all broke loose and the car is running sweet, AFR's are back at stock levels, is up to 22.5 MPG and I can up the boost more than the stock injectors so now its time for another dyno run.

Last edited:

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I think aristo 440's are alot different then a supras, I got a mk4 2jz 440's their side feed and drop right into the 1jz fuel rail. Although I haven't installed them yet they should work fine, did you flow test the other ones maybe their is an issue their? I also have an aftermarket blitz ecu so this could compensate for the injectors and if you have cams you might need a 2jz map sensor as well. I know once you change one thing you usually have to go down the line and compensate for everything else. but thats the joy of modding. I'm thinking you need a piggy back is all.

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Beals;1924540 said:
I think aristo 440's are alot different then a supras, I got a mk4 2jz 440's their side feed and drop right into the 1jz fuel rail. Although I haven't installed them yet they should work fine, did you flow test the other ones maybe their is an issue their? I also have an aftermarket blitz ecu so this could compensate for the injectors and if you have cams you might need a 2jz map sensor as well. I know once you change one thing you usually have to go down the line and compensate for everything else. but thats the joy of modding. I'm thinking you need a piggy back is all.

Aristo 440s are the same as jdm supra injectors? Why are you spreading this nonsense sir?!?! Having cams does nothing with the map sensor. It is manifold pressure. It measure pressure not airflow or density...

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
I could run an AFC neo or go standalone but Im in the middle of escrow and I can't afford that project for the moment till I find out my finances on the mortgage and utilities so I'm sticking with the 440's, they are working fine and thank you Mr. gurley0916
for selling them too me a couple of years ago.

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
f00g00;1924607 said:
I could run an AFC neo or go standalone but Im in the middle of escrow and I can't afford that project for the moment till I find out my finances on the mortgage and utilities so I'm sticking with the 440's, they are working fine and thank you Mr. gurley0916
for selling them too me a couple of years ago.

Holy crap those were my 440s?!?! Should of contacted me as I never had an issue with them and did 15 psi with them. Im truely sorry for the headache they caused you!!

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
gurley0916;1924609 said:
Holy crap those were my 440s?!?! Should of contacted me as I never had an issue with them and did 15 psi with them. Im truely sorry for the headache they caused you!!
I guessed it was the lower impedence, never thought they were gummed up. The owner of the shop that told me he had "His Friend" clean and flow test them won't return my calls so lesson learned.

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
Injectors that's layin around for a few years usually get stuck.... happened to my 440's to.
Put them in a bath of Diesel for a few days, and hit them hard while energized with a soft-hammer.... everyone works perfectly now. Made my own flow-test bench with a old 2JZ fuelrail, a 500ml measurment-glass, some welding of metal, and a old X90 Fuelpump.

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
Beals;1924540 said:

gurley0916;1924589 said:
Aristo 440s are the same as jdm supra injectors? Why are you spreading this nonsense sir?!?! Having cams does nothing with the map sensor. It is manifold pressure. It measure pressure not airflow or density...

I also haven't seen a single shred of evidence that states that the 2JZ map sensor is an uprgrade to the 1JZ map sensor; that's a debunked myth.