Archive: AFC/SAFC/II/Neo Questions

silverkill

SILVERKILL
Aug 10, 2005
FL
Alright it's ordered. I hope it doesn't take a while to figure out how to use it? $291 shipped ebay :icon_bigg 2-3day shipping:naughty:

silverkill

SILVERKILL
Aug 10, 2005
FL
I didn't really know anything about the maft pro. But now after reading about it, I guess it would be the better buy. Just know it's going to cost more$$$$.
-MAFT Pro unit: $400

Parts needed if you want to just use it as a MAF translator
-GM 3.5" MAF sensor: $80
-6' MAF extension harness: $18
total: $88

Parts needed to go speed/density:
-IAT: $12
-MAP sensor: $70
-9' speed/density harness: $30
total: $112

Parts needed for boost control (requires MAP sensor and harness):
-high boost solenoid: $70
-9' boost solenoid wiring harnes: $25
total: $95

Optional/Extra Parts:
-6' IAT extension harness: $23
-6' speed/density harness: $25
-6' boost solenoid wiring harness: $25
-Innovate Wideband products: $150 - 400

I'm cheap and on bugget. Maybe buy it later when I get more mods done. I guess safc neo will have to do for now.

logan

3 laws safe
Oct 4, 2005
U.S-U.K
silverkill said:
I'm cheap and on bugget. Maybe buy it later when I get more mods done. I guess safc neo will have to do for now.

Maft gen II ? It has wide band tracking and it's under 300 bucks .

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
well then... i've looked high and low, and can't find the wiring diagram for the safc for a 87 7m-gte :(.... not even on apex-i's web site??? anyone know where to look?

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
drjonez said:
learn to look harder. from apexi's site:

http://www.apexi-usa.com/pdfWiring/7.pdf

you want diagram T2-b.
:icon_conf I found that page, and about 10 other links to it before I posted. It appears this is for the 1st gen afc, not the 2nd?

My posts wouldn't even show up last night, so I went ahead and figured it out on my own. Thanks for the help, but i found a safc2 diagram for a sr20, and looking at my ecu pin-out, I figured it out. All I really needed to know was what each wire was for. The manuals also give specific instructions for installation, so it's as straight as straightforward can get. One more question though... Will the knock monitoring function work on our cars?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
89jdm7m said:
:icon_conf I found that page, and about 10 other links to it before I posted. It appears this is for the 1st gen afc, not the 2nd?

My posts wouldn't even show up last night, so I went ahead and figured it out on my own. Thanks for the help, but i found a safc2 diagram for a sr20, and looking at my ecu pin-out, I figured it out. All I really needed to know was what each wire was for. The manuals also give specific instructions for installation, so it's as straight as straightforward can get. One more question though... Will the knock monitoring function work on our cars?

no real diff in wiring between SAFC 1, 2, neo, AFC. same functions, etc.

yeah, the knock monitoring will work....but as to what a useful level is, i have no idea.

89jdm7m said:
argh... my posts are being moderated????? I also tried to edit in safc 2, but of course the mod chose to leave that part out :(

ALL posts in the SME forums are moderated.

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
OK i jumped on the wagon... Got my Neo a week ago, installed and love what i know about it so far....
I have a 1JZ stock injectors and turbos, previously if i tried to up boost it would hit fuel cut;
My question: Can the SAFC help me trick my ecu into accepting more boost or are my stock injectors just maxed out?!?!?!?

Also i have read the thread and found out i DO need a WB sensor to tune...

really, I just want some pointers/ direction to take in for my Neo setup...
Thanks!!!

al lewis

Mar 3, 2007
dominica
Hey guys i have a question to put out there does anyone have a wireing diagram to wire a SAFC to a HKS PFC F-Con or can someone tell me if this can be done. please reply!!. Because i would like to tune down the Fuel on the F-con cause it's a bit to rich at 13psi this is why i would like to know if i could integrate and use my SAFC with my F-con to tune.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
87soup;1171088 said:
OK i jumped on the wagon... Got my Neo a week ago, installed and love what i know about it so far....
I have a 1JZ stock injectors and turbos, previously if i tried to up boost it would hit fuel cut;
My question: Can the SAFC help me trick my ecu into accepting more boost or are my stock injectors just maxed out?!?!?!?

Also i have read the thread and found out i DO need a WB sensor to tune...

really, I just want some pointers/ direction to take in for my Neo setup...
Thanks!!!

Afc is not going to allow to raise fuel cut.

HLVW wrecker

Dec 27, 2009
edmonton
87soup;1171088 said:
bunch of neo questions

if i may ask, how do you have the %'s setup?(reason for this is that i am planning on picking up another neo for my supra) I ran a neo before, but that was on a t78 car with great results.