Anyone with BIC 1zz coils installed, help needed

dude4253

the speed of slow
Oct 9, 2007
Gainesville, Florida
I have a full BIC 1zz kit with coils but no instructions.
Anyone have a wiring diagram or similar to help me out
I just need to know where to put everything

I pm'd and emailed BIC but no response yet.
I am getting my 1jz tuned Friday and would like these in before then

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You have a standalone to control them correct?

p1911897_1.jpg

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
I wired it up myself, I have no idea what the BIC kit contains but it's not that hard.

You only wire up 3 wires, common ground, 12v switched power, trigger to ecu

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
Albert;1911973 said:
I wired it up myself, I have no idea what the BIC kit contains but it's not that hard.

You only wire up 3 wires, common ground, 12v switched power, trigger to ecu

Maybe I can chime in, the kit does include a harness that looks super nice. Then of course the brackets.

So, I'm guessing that you don't really have to splice or alter your harness if that's not your thing. Feel free to correct if I'm wrong Albert. I sold my standalone off, so I never really got that far into it.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Yeah I'd have to see what the harness looks like, maybe it plugs into the original coil clips and ignitor plug...

Either way, you can always do what I did and remove the original coil clips and ignitor wiring and wire the 1zz seperate

dude4253

the speed of slow
Oct 9, 2007
Gainesville, Florida
Okay so here is the harness... one side has all the connectors for the coils and the other is just wires.
I know the big red one is ground and the black connector is to a ?fuse? these go to the wiring harness but where/what do they go??

IMG_2861.jpg
IMG_2859.JPG

Jul 30, 2011
A-Town WA
I'm not sure about how Randy's wiring works. I made my own kit, using the pic at the top of this page(of the coil plug) I have one question to Albert- what about the igf signal wire on the 4 prong plug? Is it still used or can I clip it from the harness? I'm using dm aem v2 kit as we'll fyi.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I have the BIC 1ZZ kit on my 1J. What I did first was remove my engine harness until it was fully free except for being connected to everything on the engine still. I then removed the factory ignitor system and the stock coils. After that I wired in the grounds, 12v switched power (you get this from one of the wires that comes off the stock ignitor) and the trigger wire. IIRC only the trigger wire and the 12v switched wire went to my ECU. The harness is designed to be installed with the wires going to the back of the motor (not the front like I wired them in initially). After that it's a matter of putting everything back together and setting up your ECU per the instructions.

mikejza70

Nov 3, 2012
mn
honestabe;1932177 said:
I have the BIC 1ZZ kit on my 1J. What I did first was remove my engine harness until it was fully free except for being connected to everything on the engine still. I then removed the factory ignitor system and the stock coils. After that I wired in the grounds, 12v switched power (you get this from one of the wires that comes off the stock ignitor) and the trigger wire. IIRC only the trigger wire and the 12v switched wire went to my ECU. The harness is designed to be installed with the wires going to the back of the motor (not the front like I wired them in initially). After that it's a matter of putting everything back together and setting up your ECU per the instructions.

you mentioned a "switched 12v to ecu"

where exactly do you mean by that? I used the 12v on the 4 pin connector from the stock ignitor.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
The 1zz-fe coils use 3 wires. A ground, a 12v power and a 5v switched. Sorry about the mix up. The switched wire should be 5v IIRC and goes directly to the ECU because it is the wire that has the signal that tells the coil to fire. The 12v power is a constant 12v and the ground goes to a good ground. I used my head and block I believe for my coil ground.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
I'd like to unbury this thread. What are the settings to go in to the standalone? Where are you getting your tach signal from now that the ignitor is out of the picture? I think I've seen in other pics that the BIC kit came with a relay too, yes/no? Is that needed?