Anyone Know which CC's we can swap to

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
Hey everyone! I am trying to put my Supra back together from some of my winter projects and was curious if anyone knows what Charcoal Canisters we can use to relocate it inbetween the fender and the fendor liner? I do not want to remove it but am looking for what cars have one that will work like the stocker and is just smaller. I was reading a post that i believe was by IJ stating that we needed one with a 1 way check valve. Any info here would be appreciated!

Jimbo

Creeper
Jul 15, 2009
San Jose
Not sure if I remember exactly right but I read somewhere that some hondas' CC is compatible as well as smaller.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
You need to fine one with a non return valve built into the signal port from the intake, just take a length of 5mm clean hose to the junkyard hook it up and blow, if you can blow pass.

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
Thanks for the responses guys. IJ that is exactly what i will do. Now does anyone know if the CC needs to maintain a certain size to still be effective or can i go as small as i find? With the spot i have picked out i can go decently big, but if i go small enough then i can also use that spot to relocate something else too when the time comes to clean the engine bay for real.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
The danger of not running one being a potential build up of fuel fumes in the engine bay, correct? I have a length of hose running into the front of the right front wheel area...

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
I believe from what ive read that the CC vents excess pressure from the gas tank and also keeps a constant 2 psi of pressure in the tank. And yes i believe that the hose venting to the wheel area is fine but i figure ill through a small one on there anyways.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
One benefit is that it does recover the fuel vapors and allow you to burn them, so it should have a positive effect on fuel economy. Probably a very small effect though.

I keep forgetting about putting one back on my car. Every summer it reminds me though with the fuel stink. I want to put one in the back by the tank though. I can run the vsv wires back there pretty easily. My fender wells are already full of stuff but there's room near the fuel filter.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
te72;1829015 said:
The danger of not running one being a potential build up of fuel fumes in the engine bay, correct? I have a length of hose running into the front of the right front wheel area...

same here.. passenger side wheel well.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
destrux;1829111 said:
One benefit is that it does recover the fuel vapors and allow you to burn them, so it should have a positive effect on fuel economy. Probably a very small effect though.

I keep forgetting about putting one back on my car. Every summer it reminds me though with the fuel stink. I want to put one in the back by the tank though. I can run the vsv wires back there pretty easily. My fender wells are already full of stuff but there's room near the fuel filter.
Well that explains the fuel smell on occasion then... Hmm, I may put one back on then. :)