Anyone know much about DSM's?

turbotrev

Goin WEEEEE on my gsxr600
Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
were did you get that integra (and the acura dealer on state line rd?) when i was 17 i looked at a 99 black gsr for 16000 it was in mint cond. at that time

keep the acura for a very reliable dd and just save up for another mk3

ive seen to many dsm's crap out its not funny and to think i almost bought one lol

from a mizzouri bro to another just keep it and save up

brad92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2006
Lexington, KY
www.haxors.us
My first turbo car was a 92 AWD Talon... i put a big 16g turbo (which is still TINY compared to even a stock CT26) in it @ 15psi and had my trans done at Team Rip.

It was the most favorite car that I have ever owned by far.

Having said that, I will say three things:

DSMs are almost as unreliable as mk3s
TRE makes bad ass transmissions.
2Gs get crankwalk when modded (and sometimes when not).

Would I buy another DSM? Hell yes if I found the right 1G, but I don't think I would ever get a 2G for fear of crankwalk...

I would love to see hard proof that "bypassing the clutch switch" is any cure for crankwalk because a lot of research has been done on the matter and I have never seen anything that suggested it was as simple as that...

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
^^^ it's not a complete fix but it's a big help... it helps with on startup not pushing the clutch in and pulling on the crank... b\c eventually you'll pull it out of spec... especially with a high pressure pressure plate... i had my clutch bypassed when i put my 3200lb pp in on my supra... it's b\c the oil squirters are too small to lubricate the crank, and especially when you're starting it up there is no oil in the crank shaft, so bypassing the clutch switch would help out quite a bit...

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
turbotrev said:
were did you get that integra (and the acura dealer on state line rd?) when i was 17 i looked at a 99 black gsr for 16000 it was in mint cond. at that time

keep the acura for a very reliable dd and just save up for another mk3

ive seen to many dsm's crap out its not funny and to think i almost bought one lol

from a mizzouri bro to another just keep it and save up

i got the car from a private seller...

oh and the guy that was sellin the dsm just lowered the price to 9k... so i'm thinkin that there's probably something wrong with it..

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
he says he needs money for school but i'm pretty sure that there might be something wrong with it...