Anyone know how to get ahold of Tokico Illumina II TEMS shocks?

Aug 24, 2009
Nirvana
59959 is a Magnaflow universal high-flow cat. OCD welds the flanges on for our application. I have this one too and the welds look good. I passed emissions with no upstream cat :)

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
MK3pizzadriver;2040967 said:
59959 is a Magnaflow universal high-flow cat. OCD welds the flanges on for our application. I have this one too and the welds look good. I passed emissions with no upstream cat :)

Yah it came in a reversed (inside out) magnaflow box. I talked to the guy who makes these and he said they are the highest quality he knows of. As you can see from the pics, it appears to be true. Sounds great and I don't detect hardly any power loss in moving from a test pipe to this HFC. That's pretty impressive, since putting back on the stock unit would probably rob at least 10-15 hp.

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
Some financial woes kept me from buying the Tokicos until now. Went to order and they appear to be out. I guess it is time for my "Vega Shock Waiting Journey" :(

(I am looking into just buying the original Toyota ones now, cost is only about $160 more than the Tokicos were at the best price.)

PS - Super sad to see you are selling the Supra, Vega, but someone is going to get one fabulous car!

Last edited:

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
loc182;2051877 said:
Some financial woes kept me from buying the Tokicos until now. Went to order and they appear to be out. I guess it is time for my "Vega Shock Waiting Journey" :(

(I am looking into just buying the original Toyota ones now, cost is only about $160 more than the Tokicos were at the best price.)

PS - Super sad to see you are selling the Supra, Vega, but someone is going to get one fabulous car!

The only place I see them is this seller from Ebay. It's a dealership (Bruce Titus). I think they bought a batch from last year's allotment. They only have 4 left!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOKICO-ILLU...?fits=Model:Supra&hash=item4ae5443cdc&vxp=mtr

Yah I am sad to sell it too man. Thanks for the kind words. The Supra is literally sitting pretty and just garaged. But it is essentially sold. A buyer from Pennsylvania has sent me a certified cashier's check via priority mail so the time has come! Happy and sad at the same time. I just drove the Supra around the block a couple nights ago. WHAT A CAR! I already regret it but it is time to move on :(

Best regards to you!

Last edited:

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
Congrats on the sale! Hopefully the new owner will keep the car inside for the winters, as salt is a terrible thing!

I am trying to see what those Bruce Titus people can offer, since I am local.

But there is good news. I contacted another online dealer and they told me restock comes in September. So if Bruce Titus doesn't work out then what's another three months of waiting :p

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
I think this is meant to be.

Andy's Autosport has the fronts (EU3634) and THMotorsports has the rears (EU3635). Just about $520 altogether and now the really painful parts waiting begins!

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Nice hope you enjoy them once they show up. I really wish tokico would do an illumina II without the stock style perch that could run universal 2.5" springs like Koni and Bilstein. Unfortunately I don't think the community has the numbers and pull to convince them to do something like that anymore.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
I would rather see bilstein or koni, tein are really overrated imo. Actually most of the semi affordable coil overs are.

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
That is a fair point, I only like Tein because my friend has had really good experiences with them on his Miata over other brands. No idea how their Supra products hold up.

ross79

May 1, 2015
vic
loc182, can you let us know how you go with your order from Andy's Autosports? I was looking at ordering some tems from him but then came across a lot of bad reviews.

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
Hi ross79,

So the Andy's Auto Sport order did not go well. The site allowed me to add the items to the cart and check out, but it turns out nothing was in stock.

This could happen on any website, but I was more disappointed that they didn't update the listing to say not in stock when I checked it again a few days later. So they are off my potential buying list.

Happily after doing some more searching I found that TRDShop had the shocks in stock for the front. (They have the rears as well.) They don't have the same level of discount or the free shipping of THMotorsport, but their customer service was fabulous. They got back to me almost right away confirming the items were in stock and they shipped the same day as I placed the order. So I highly recommend them, and if you can get a discount coupon the price difference probably won't be that much.

THMotorsport had very good pre-sale customer service and their prices are great. Plus they offer free shipping. I was a bit concerned that I didn't get a shipping confirmation until about 4 days after the items shipped, but this may have been due to the fact that the items shipped from the manufacturer. At the time I ordered they only had the rears in stock. (Their site also said the fronts were in stock, but a CS rep told me they were not. They were having trouble with that part of the site, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt.)

Altogether it cost me $580 for all four corners, which is not too bad.

And after what seems like an eternity of waiting I now have this:
TokicoInBoxes.jpg
(Sorry the pic is sideways, I couldn't find a way to fix it.)

Hoping to install this weekend!

ross79

May 1, 2015
vic
Thanks very much for the feedback. Unfortunately trdshop don't ship to Australia so the search continues.

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
It's amazing how difficult these have become to obtain. $580 is not bad for a brand new set. I think that's pretty close to what I paid.

Great job on sourcing these! Supra rides soooo nice with them.

Cheers

ross79

May 1, 2015
vic
I'm planning on buying a set in about a months time. I've considered coilovers, etc but these look like the best option for a daily all rounder.
Hopefully the aussie dollar goes up soon!

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
Thanks Vega, I excitedly began the change out with the rears and found that I need new bump stops. Oh well, I have waited 2 years, what is another two weeks.

I did a fun test with the old shocks and the new. I timed how long it took for the piston to fully extend from full compression and it was 9 seconds longer on the 25 year old shock :p I cannot wait to roll out of the garage on the Illuminas!

Good luck Ross, hopefully you can get the shocks soon and safe!

Joe__G

Dec 6, 2013
MS
loc182;2053159 said:
Happily after doing some more searching I found that TRDShop had the shocks in stock for the front. (They have the rears as well.) They don't have the same level of discount or the free shipping of THMotorsport, but their customer service was fabulous. They got back to me almost right away confirming the items were in stock and they shipped the same day as I placed the order. So I highly recommend them, and if you can get a discount coupon the price difference probably won't be that much.
Hey man, I operate the website mentioned. Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad we were able to take care of you! We also don't mind matching prices. I'll take a look at all the online prices to make sure ours are competitive. I've inquired here about possibly becoming a sponsor but I don't think anyone ever replied. I'm not sure who to contact directly but I'm still interested if someone could point me in the right direction.

Let us know your thoughts on them when you get them installed. I still have a set waiting to be installed on my car if/when I ever get it finished!

ross79;2053164 said:
Thanks very much for the feedback. Unfortunately trdshop don't ship to Australia so the search continues.
We can ship internationally as long as it's not OEM/TRD parts. Just contact us by e-mail.

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
I totally missed your response Joe, no worries on pricing, I was just happy to not have to wait extra months.

Getting the shocks on was a hassle due to bump stops and no note in the TSRM about that spacer on the lower rear mounts, but I have been happy with them since the install. The difference between the modes is very subtle, but you can feel it when driving the same patch of road in both normal and sport mode. Not as mind blowing as I had hoped, but still nice to have shocks that actually function. (I am pretty sure the OEM ones I removed had never been replaced over 25 years!)

toysupguy

Phantom
Jun 1, 2006
Dallas, Texas
Been looking for these. Contacted (called) the top eight places that all have said they have them, and none do- and won't update their websites, even though asked to do so (and some agreed to). The US branch of Tokico did say that they have new management (bought out?) and they offered a follow up in a few weeks, which didn't happen. TRDShops has been very proactive and will reach out. Their estimate is next month (February 2017) and that getting a set when they come in is slim if you have not ordered yet. The fronts are EU3634, the rears are EU3635. Their price is competitive/fair by comparison, and you can get a refund at any time as long as the order has not shipped.