Anyone know how to get ahold of Tokico Illumina II TEMS shocks?

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
Well well well folks... I got em! I started to doubt whether or not this day would ever come.

But I am happy to report that I'm now in possession of a brand spankin new set of Tokico Illumina IIs.

2x EU3634 + 2x EU3635

Indeed multiple retailers are stocking these now. Also, there's even a seller on Ebay that has a few of them.

If you think you might ever want these, I'd get em while you can because I don't imagine Tokico will be producing a massive quantity of these for too long considering that our cars are all 20+ years old. Happy hunting!

:drink1:

Tokico Illumina II shocks (1).jpg Tokico Illumina II shocks (2).jpg

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Great news!
I might have to dig out my TEMS actuators again & swap back to the stock system.
:D

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
VegaSupra;2015258 said:
Well well well folks... I got em! I started to doubt whether or not this day would ever come.

But I am happy to report that I'm now in possession of a brand spankin new set of Tokico Illumina IIs.

2x EU3634 + 2x EU3635

Indeed multiple retailers are stocking these now. Also, there's even a seller on Ebay that has a few of them.

If you think you might ever want these, I'd get em while you can because I don't imagine Tokico will be producing a massive quantity of these for too long considering that our cars are all 20+ years old. Happy hunting!

:drink1:

View attachment 73567 View attachment 73568

Awesome! Where did you get yours? Also, if you don't mind me asking how much did they run you?

Edit:

Have you found out if they are the 5way adjustable ones or are they just the basic three way ones like the OEM ones?

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
i paid a bit more than 500 smackers. no clue about the adjustability. i'd imagine they are just 3 way but i really can't tell.

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
slidahz;2015663 said:
That's great news! Btw, can any of you tell me the different between Tokico Illumina vs Tokico Illumina II? I assume it's not the same?

If you want TEMS, I think there is only "Tokico Illumina II" for the MK3. At least I know that it was the same back in '99 when I got them on my previous 91T. I am actually shocked that I was able to get the same classic setup as before all these years later. (Eibach,Tokico, ST Sway Bars).

It all gets installed next week :biggrinbo

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
They are on 5% off sale right now at Andy's Auto:

http://www.andysautosport.com/products/tokico__EU3634.html

http://www.andysautosport.com/products/tokico__EU3635.html

Also, it looks like an additional 10% off code can be applied for a big savings. BALLSTAT

p2017990_1.jpg

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
Silver MK3;2018039 said:
Cool, I need to pick up a set of these sometime soon. Did you get the new stuff installed yet?

Not yet. Been swamped. Gonna have to be next week now. :(

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
Just checked with Andy's Auto and they were out of stock with estimated date of 1/1/2015....??????

Still looking....

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
Wow. I just checked with 3 retailers that had these a few weeks ago when I was looking. They are all gone now. Also, that Ebay seller sold all 5 sets. One contact that I talked back and forth with extensively said he cannot get ahold of these until Dec 2014. Looks like they are totally sold out for a little while again. From my conversation with a prominent supplier, he said Tokico ships all the "parts and pieces" for these to Motovicity, who then builds them at their warehouse under strict guidelines from Tokico. It is probably the case that Motovicity only built a certain amount for the first batch, and now that they all sold out, they will probably have it on their books to build more down the road.

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
Glad you got yours. Hopefully the demand will allow them to make enough and not be so hard to get.

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
Got everything installed on Saturday. Super happy to report that my Supra feels about TEN TIMES more stable and planted on the road now. I had forgotten how awesome this setup was. It's smooth, yet precise, and bumps and dips in the road are now handled with ease, whereas before I sometimes felt like I was piloting an old boat.

All told, this full suspension upgrade (Eibach/Tokico Illumina/ST Sway bars) cost me about $1,600 installed.... and worth every penny. :icon_bigg