Anyone know how to get ahold of Tokico Illumina II TEMS shocks?

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
Just got off the phone with TokicoUSA and then also with the new Tokico distributor, Motovicity.

Both parties CONFIRMED that they will indeed be sending out the TEMS Illumina II shocks to retailers nationwide in the end of May. I had them both look up the part number for front and rear and confirm it is for the 86-92 MK3 Supra. Also, the gentleman at TokicoUSA confirmed that he sees the "discontinued" report and that the Supra shocks are not on the report anywhere.

Looks like the wait on the Illuminas just might pay off after all!! :evil2: :eek:ffwall:

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
VegaSupra;2005353 said:
Just got off the phone with TokicoUSA and then also with the new Tokico distributor, Motovicity.

Both parties CONFIRMED that they will indeed be sending out the TEMS Illumina II shocks to retailers nationwide in the end of May. I had them both look up the part number for front and rear and confirm it is for the 86-92 MK3 Supra. Also, the gentleman at TokicoUSA confirmed that he sees the "discontinued" report and that the Supra shocks are not on the report anywhere.

Looks like the wait on the Illuminas just might pay off after all!! :evil2: :eek:ffwall:

Nice, thanks for calling them and updating us. Hopefully it does happen!

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
Zumtizzle;2007330 said:
they were garbage then they'll be more garbage now.

Bilstien or bust.

yhatzee89;2007373 said:
That's a positive outlook on the matter...

don't mind him. he's an engineer for Bilstein and jealous that Tokico has the best shocks for our cars.

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
VegaSupra;2007695 said:
don't mind him. he's an engineer for Bilstein and jealous that Tokico has the best shocks for our cars.

It's definitely good to see I'm not the only engineer on the forum haha. But regarding Tokico I'm gonna say to each his own. My twin brother swears by Bilstein on his Supra. I'd just rather have the Tokico's.

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
Does anyone know if the new Illuminas will be TEMS compatible like the Illumina IIs were? My understanding is that the new ones are 5 way adjustable versus the Illumina IIs which were 3 way I believe. Not sure how 5 way adjustable plays into a 3 way system???

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
teedoff00;2008560 said:
Does anyone know if the new Illuminas will be TEMS compatible like the Illumina IIs were? My understanding is that the new ones are 5 way adjustable versus the Illumina IIs which were 3 way I believe. Not sure how 5 way adjustable plays into a 3 way system???

I can't imagine Tokico would intentionally make the TEMS shocks non compatible with the Supra TEMS system. What would be the purpose of producing them in the first place?

If they are not compatible with the MK3 Supra, then who would be the target market?

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
VegaSupra;2008779 said:
I can't imagine Tokico would intentionally make the TEMS shocks non compatible with the Supra TEMS system. What would be the purpose of producing them in the first place?

If they are not compatible with the MK3 Supra, then who would be the target market?

Do you have any updates on your previous post about them sending them out at the end of May? Just wondering if you have any new info.

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
Silver MK3;2008804 said:
Do you have any updates on your previous post about them sending them out at the end of May? Just wondering if you have any new info.

Nope. No updates at the moment. I might try to contact some big name retailers that will definitely be the recipients of a new shipment, but I was thinking of giving it like another week or two.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
OK, I was just curious. Let us know if you hear anything new. Thanks for chasing this around and posting updates for us. I appreciate it.

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
VegaSupra;2008779 said:

Yah that's what I am hoping as I'm awaiting availability as well. My guess would be you need to pick three of the five adjustable settings and then TEMS would modulate those three. I.E. settings 1,2,3 or 2,3,4 or 3,4,5. Lets just hope they come with some kind of instructions lol...

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
teedoff00;2009053 said:
Yah that's what I am hoping as I'm awaiting availability as well. My guess would be you need to pick three of the five adjustable settings and then TEMS would modulate those three. I.E. settings 1,2,3 or 2,3,4 or 3,4,5. Lets just hope they come with some kind of instructions lol...

If they did do it like that, I would imagine they would pick 1,3,5. But although there are 3 lights on the dash, there are only 2 buttons that come with the stock controller. (I don't have the trick HKS controller). So not quite sure how they'd set it. Maybe 1,3,5 with "Sport" mode setting it to 3 or higher, reaching 5 only via the automatic adjustment when the suspension detects hard cornering.

I dunno. Pure speculation. Regardless, I just hope they work well. :)

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
I wonder how the TEMS controller is setup. How many turns to adjust the stiffeness etc. Either way, I have the stock two button but I have it hardwired to the diagnostic box so I can "select" the third setting. Right now I leave it in three because my struts are blown, lol.

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
Thanks for that info. Now im wondering how it would be possible for the TEMS ti control a 5 way adjustable shock... hmm. Guess we'll have to wait until someone can get a hold of some.

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
Spoke with a major parts retailer yesterday asking if there is any update on the Tokico dealings. He said he hasn't heard anything at all. I told him that I had talked directly with TokicoUSA and Motovicity and that they had assured me without question that shipments were going out to the major retailers nationwide beginning of June. He said he would be the one to find out and hasn't been told that.

I don't understand how someone from the heart of the source can tell me one thing with both parties confirming the same story, and yet it is not happening. I HATE incompetence and bad info given. :: angry ::

I am going to contact another major retailer that normally stocks lots of Tokico stuff and see what they do/don't know. Then I will reach back out to TokicoUSA/Motovicity again to see what the holdup is this time.