Anyone have an HKS BOV " new style"

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
I wanted to see if anyone had a new style HKS BOV, since the older style is very scarce, I was thinking about buying a newer HKS BOV. I also would like to know what is a good setup, meaning whether to recirculate or vent to atmosphere. I only have a stock turbo and full exhuast from the turbo and an intake. I would like to see pics or vid if you have it.
Thanks

-Steve Z

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Always recirculate if you can, you can stall if you vent metered air into the atmosphere, as the car runs rich and dies..

There are three, I believe the old style with the adjusting screw, the newer one with the same design, but no screw (I run one), and the newest one with the fins, which I believe you are talking about..

Supposedly the newer ones are self-adjusting, and most folks say they flutter at low RPM, but I mine is fine at high or low and I'm running 12 psi...

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
Yeah I'm trying to find a BOV that will do its job all the time. To find an older HKS is hard and people want alot for a bov that looks like it got thrown around.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Here's the one I run, and yes it's a genuine (my friend has a knock-off that looks identical, and the thing is a flutter monster)..

attachment.php

I have no issues with fluttering, even though I have over 4 feet of vacuum tube going to it and it's FAR from the throttle body..

attachment.php

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
RazoE;1650547 said:
Here's the one I run, and yes it's a genuine (my friend has a knock-off that looks identical, and the thing is a flutter monster)..

attachment.php

I have no issues with fluttering, even though I have over 4 feet of vacuum tube going to it and it's FAR from the throttle body..

Hmmm. Why have it by the IC and not up top like the kit? If i were to just run it up top with the kit and recirculate will it be ok, or like you said it flutters at low rpm. Also does stock bov suck?

attachment.php

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
SUPRASTEVE;1650849 said:
Hmmm. Why have it by the IC and not up top like the kit? If i were to just run it up top with the kit and recirculate will it be ok, or like you said it flutters at low rpm. Also does stock bov suck?

I bought my entire set-up from a member of the forums, and that's how he had it..

I like it to be honest, it's nice and hidden..!! I've also since recirculated it, but I haven't had a time to run it so I don't know if you can still hear it..

as for the stock blow off valve: I have no idea, I've never run a stock one (my car's NA->GTE)

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
I have the newer gen one. I didn't recirc at first...and it stalled ALL THE TIME! After putting the recirc in...much better...now I only stall once a week... ::Facepalm::