Anyone have a false floor template?

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
I want to build a false floor for some subs and amps. Has anyone done a template or measured for it. I am going to work on it in a week or 2. I do want the targa to still fit. And I am going to get rid of the spare tire.
I dont know if I should do Clear plexi or not. I was thinking plexi with the supra logo cut into it.

thanks!

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
I have a sketch of how I'm doing mine, already posted it like a dozen times but if you want to see it again I can show you :)

As for plexi - it looks great until it gets scratched, and it's not cheap to replace, especially the really thick stuff. So if you're going to use it as an actual floor to throw stuff on top of every once in a while, I'd skip the plexi :)

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I'm actually going to try to use the spare tire well as part of the enclosure itself. I've already applied dynamat and have built the top board, which anchors to the center tire bolt for rigitidy.

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
tekdeus said:
I'm actually going to try to use the spare tire well as part of the enclosure itself. I've already applied dynamat and have built the top board, which anchors to the center tire bolt for rigitidy.

Post some pics! Thats exactly what I was thinking. Make the spare tire well the sub.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Turbo. Targa. Life. said:
blech...using the spare tire well as an enclosure is cruddy cuz it's not sealed, nor is it truly ported. Thus you need a free-air sub. Unless you plan to fiberglass it all in...o_o

I completely disagree. It is about a 1.4 cu/ft sealed enclosure and it works great with a good 12" sealed box sub.

Mk3Jesse

Fire is my friend.
Oct 22, 2006
Augusta, GA
www.myspace.com
I kinda like that idea, ive just never understood taking out the spare. I just would hate to get a flat and have no spair just to make some loud noises :).

I like the ones that people have put underneath the back seats i think some even came stock like this?

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
JMDigital said:
I really dont have a spare anyway :) Ill just make my wife come get me.

I do still want some sort of drawing w/measurements that anyone may have :(

I posted a link to my write up with a whole materials list and detailed installation instructions with pictures, what more could you ask for?

Last edited:

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Mk3Jesse said:
I just would hate to get a flat and have no spair just to make some loud noises :).
I took out the spare, and put a small air compressor and can of tire sealant in its place. Does the job if I ever get a flat, takes up less room, and weighs less too.

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
bigaaron said:
I posted a link to my write up with a whole materials list and detailed installation instructions with pictures, what more could you ask for?

OOPS.. I saw the pics and fixated on them.. I totally missed the link! hehe.

Thank you for the link!

I will keep trying it. Currently I get this error when I click the link

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database