Anyone have a false floor template?

Luda

Dec 3, 2006
Virginia
does anyone know if there is anyspace under the backseats... i saw someone that had the backseat delete mod done and had what looked like the stock seats... but they were fold up doors with audio shit underneath. i jsut got my 3K dollar sound system stolen, along with my only running car... so im looking into a stealth install on the supra... which i should be getting here soon...

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Mine's going to be very similar, but with two 10"'s. I went a bit further and used small round metal electrical plates and foam tape to seal the drain plugs. I'm still toying with the idea of using either mono-foam or fiberglass to seal the board to the floor, since many of the gaps are over 1/2". Mono-foam would be much easier and more removeable if I had to for some reason.

Getting the enclosure 100% sealed and rigid is the key to making this sound good. It looks like you also did connect a center bolt. Without this, it would sound like a bad rattling drum.

** P.S. I've got a bunch of left over Dynamat "Extreme", the more high-end flexible stuff if anyone needs some.

bigaaron said:
I did mine a few years ago:

It sounds damn good considering how easy it was to do.

I even did a writeup with how-to on it back then!
http://www.socalsupras.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1118&highlight=sub+mounted+spare+tire

Last edited:

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Luda said:
does anyone know if there is anyspace under the backseats... i saw someone that had the backseat delete mod done and had what looked like the stock seats... but they were fold up doors with audio shit underneath. i jsut got my 3K dollar sound system stolen, along with my only running car... so im looking into a stealth install on the supra... which i should be getting here soon...

There is ZERO room under the back seats. The foam literally rests on the frame of the car. There is however room under the front seats. You can easily fit an amp under each seat.

Stealth installations FTW. Nothing I would hate more then someone breaking into my car because they saw something flashy. In my brother's 71 Volvo, we actually spent a whole bunch of time, and mounted the head unit under the drivers seat. We then wired the faceplate up remotely to a custom hidden panel in the dash. We even took out the shitty aftermarket radio the previous owner had put in, and reinstalled the stock (1971 baby!) radio, so that anyone looking in wouldn't find anything of value.

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
oops jsut saw this thread again :)

here's how i'm doing mine:
hatch_layout.jpg

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
i'm also using these subs:

297564759TS-SW2541D%20Regular.jpg

They're 12" and only 3-1/4" deep.

You can see the box that I'll be making will be very shallow towards the front of the hatch where the subs will be mounted, but then become deep and odd/shaped to fill up the space of the spare tire well. then i'm going to put my components (amps, capacitor, etc) all ontop of the box to make a false floor that's flush with the subs.