Anyone had work done at Turbo Masters? I'm looking for a qualified shop in San Diego.

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
I found this shop: http://turbomasters.net/

They are about 30 miles north of me.

Has anyone ever had work done there on your Supra?

Also, does anyone know of a place in San Diego (or close to it) that specializes in Supras?

Thanks,
Vega

Last edited:

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
have you by chance looked into driftmotion, if your down in SD, they're up just east of LA and all, out in montclair, i do have to say if you down in the socal area, thats where i had gone several times.

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
bloodasp,

yah I know about Driftmotion. They know Supras but LA is over 100 miles from me, while Turbo Masters is only about 30. I just wanted to ask Supramania if there are any other shops in San Diego area that does good work on Supra Turbos and to see if anyone was familiar with TurboMasters.

Still open more input/advice if anyone has any, including regarding what they quoted me.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Driftmotion can do an upgraded CT for half that. Albert is even cheaper IIRC and both are guaranteed to know what they're doing versus some random shop. Does the turbo have any shaft play? Side to side, in and out, both?

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
Wow. Seriously? Half that? As far as shaft play I have absolutely no clue. I might have driven the Supra 5 miles in the past 2 months. I just drive it up the street about every week to keep the fluids going.

I will contact Aaron and see what he can offer for an upgraded CT-26.

Thanks for the suggestion Quin.

-Vega

Last edited:

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
I emailed Aaron to see how much it would cost to have them install if I drove the Supra in to their shop but haven't seen a reply yet. Their website says $590 for a fully rebuilt and ceramic coated 57 trim CT-26, but that's just for the turbo itself.

http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-ct26upgraderebuild.php

Anyone have an idea what a reasonable charge for the pullout + re-install should be? Also, anyone know how much HP it would then be safely capable of pushing?

Thanks!

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
Albert;1798428 said:
look into my thread

Albert - I just sent you a PM with some more info. I read through your entire thread. Very nice work.

I'm interested in the Billet upgrade. What else would be absolutely required to change/upgrade if I dropped your CT26 Billet into my Supra? Currently my Supra is stock and for now it needs to remain that way except for fixing the turbo. If I don't alter anything else, would the new turbo specs cause problems because it forces too much air?

Thanks again,
VegaSupra